Two week inactivity timer in affect immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Messages
8,564
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Yeah, The senior mods; Me, Richard, and Bigguy. The admins are very busy so I doubt they would have time to do that.
 

CKG690

New Member
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I didn't have time to read the posts in this thread, so, I appologize if this has already been answered --- Is this for both free accounts and paid accounts, or just free accounts?

Thanks Much,
Kris.
 

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Messages
9,438
Reaction score
1
Points
38
CKG690 said:
I didn't have time to read the posts in this thread, so, I appologize if this has already been answered --- Is this for both free accounts and paid accounts, or just free accounts?

Thanks Much,
Kris.

Just free accounts.
 

hartap

New Member
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Points
0
i think i agree with the timer idea. Guys ... this is free service, and without many rules to obey. Even we must put some ads in our page, but not like another free hosting company.
 

dbz_195

New Member
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Points
0
i agree with the timer idea good job now ppl account can be deleteed soon time and to free up space on your severs ok.. lets say that he/she webpage is active and all dose that mean u have to log in???:dunno:
 

Reclutador

Active Member
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Then, when I can take a another account that it be not Static?
 

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Messages
9,438
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Reclutador said:
Then, when I can take a another account that it be not Static?

If you want advanced or corporate you have to register for static, and then request an upgrade.
 

Insaneaim

Banned
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok, I aggree with this and dis-aggree. I aggree because, I had a host that had over 23,000 accounts in active, rumers went around saying it was because people signed up and forgot about the hosting because they found a new one, or because they didnt like the hosting because of space or etc. and I dis aggree because you should send an email to every user. No where does it say in the ToS, that you HAVE to sign up for the forums. SO, most commonly people dont sign up for the forums, unless they have problems. AND IM RIGHT! :eek:wned:
 

Phil

Retired Staff
Messages
7,344
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Insaneaim said:
Ok, I aggree with this and dis-aggree. I aggree because, I had a host that had over 23,000 accounts in active, rumers went around saying it was because people signed up and forgot about the hosting because they found a new one, or because they didnt like the hosting because of space or etc. and I dis aggree because you should send an email to every user. No where does it say in the ToS, that you HAVE to sign up for the forums. SO, most commonly people dont sign up for the forums, unless they have problems. AND IM RIGHT! :eek:wned:
Well you have to sign up on the forums to get an account here don't you. Soo if you sign up on the forums why can't you check them. Maybe Corey will send out an e-mail maybe he won't if not then people will come and sign up again and have to get another account. Wich then they will keep checking up on the forums for Info on whats going on around here. ( Wich should be happaing anyways = /)
 

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Messages
9,438
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Mr. Brownlove said:
Well you have to sign up on the forums to get an account here don't you.

You used to have to sing up, now with the account autocreation, you only have to sign up if you want to request an upgrade.
 

Phil

Retired Staff
Messages
7,344
Reaction score
0
Points
36
aaorozco said:
Mr. Brownlove said:
Well you have to sign up on the forums to get an account here don't you.

You used to have to sing up, now with the account autocreation, you only have to sign up if you want to request an upgrade.
ah, Right.. I keep think of when I signed up. ops haha..
 

samtong

New Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Points
0
After reading the posts, I agree with the 2 week timer as the easiest way to ensure the server is bogged down with all the unused space even tho I thought other wise. Corey's post was very clear. Thanks.

Have applied to be an account manager in the staff application section but the forum board shows 0 posts in the accounts manager section. Waiting to help out a great host.
 

Mani5

New Member
Messages
946
Reaction score
0
Points
0
it shows 0 to every1 because only X10 staff can view it......
 

saachi

New Member
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Points
0
*cough*crontab

This is basically checking if what I'm doing is legit. Trust me, I'm using my account (very much so) and I'm very grateful for the hosting x10 provides, it's just my circumstances arent that reliable. Main problem being I won't have net or even computer access because I'm moving house to a ghetto setup.

I don't really see problems with using crontab, if you have the time to set it up then you obviously care about your hosting here, and it's not like a crontab process 'page ping' once a week is server intensive.
 

CoolFinalFan

Member
Messages
626
Reaction score
5
Points
18
i thinks it's a good idea! hope i'm not offline that long though, moving tomorrow Friday the 14th!!














:cool:
 

Spartan Erik

Retired
Messages
6,764
Reaction score
0
Points
0
i like this idea.. look at the hard drive usage.. its at 98%!
we should all start uploading compressed files or something to alleviate this situation
 

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Messages
18,168
Reaction score
215
Points
63
For everyone who thinks this is gunna be a pain: Did you think of setting your homepage to the cpanel login? Not sure if it'd cause a problem for x10's hosting or not (i'm hoping not or i'll have to set it back to google), but it'd certainly make it easy to remember to log in (starting your favorite browser(hopefully firefox) to look at your email? log into cpanel first to make sure your account doesnt die!)

as for whether its a great idea or not, i think it's great. it might cause problems if you go on vacation though, but where in todays world can you go without having some form of internet access nearby (every mall within 100 miles of here seems to have public computers you could use to quick login then logout, and most hotels have internet access in their rooms, great for people with laptops)?
 

saachi

New Member
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Slightly related and for those that are wondering, a URL that would log right into cPanel for you would look like this -

http://username:password@sub.domain.com:2082

Replace username, password and sub.domain with your details and your good to go. For example, my URL would look like http://tfpcrio:password@tf.pcriot.com:2082, this is what I use in my crontab.

Can I please get an answer from a mod about using crontab to do the logging in for me once a week. As I said earlier, this is in no way a strain on the server or anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top