Type of python usable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lszanto

Reaction score
I have searched around and it seems that I can use python on my free hosting account but I was just wondering, what way is python installed? I was planning on writing a blogging system with python but for that I would need the mod_python extension for apache installed so I was just wondering if it exists on this server or is it possible to have it installed ect for my account? Otherwise I guess it'll be a nice php blog ;).

thanks in advance, Lucass

lszanto

Reaction score
Ohok cool, thanks. Would you happen to know how to enable it, I think it would most likely be with some kind of .htaccess file unless it is available in all directories.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not really sure about this, but I think it's installed in all directories.
You'll need to wait for an Administrator or a staff member of the Development team to answer this.

You can meanwhile try to install the script, and tell us if it worked or it gave you an error.

lszanto

Reaction score
Well I first tried just leaving a blank directory so I could see the extensions down the bottom, e.g apache 2.2, mod_ssl and that stuff but I couldn't see mod_python but I tried anyways, making a .htaccess file containing the following:
Code:
AddHandler mod_python .psp
PythonHandler mod_python.psp
PythonDebug On

and then added the .psp page, test.psp.

Code:
<html>
<body>

<%= "<h2>Hello there from python!</h2>" %>

</body>
</html>

When I tried to execute the directory that contained both these files, I just got a 500 internal error.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Mod_python is not fully supported yet.

We're still doing testing with it so we can roll it out along with rails and ASP.NET on all servers.

-Corey

lszanto

Reaction score
Mod_python is not fully supported yet.

We're still doing testing with it so we can roll it out along with rails and ASP.NET on all servers.

-Corey

Thanks, would you happen to know what kind of time period it will be until this happens?

thanks, Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.