Ubuntu 8.10 Beta

bookworm99

Reaction score
I've just switched to this from Linux Mint on my Macintosh (though, actually, it's because my Linux partition went corrupt and my etc folder was lost). It's quite nice; very pretty graphically, very smooth, and actually fixed a whole lot of issues I was having with mint (though it did simultaneously come up with new ones :p). I can't wait to get the full version when it comes out soon; has anyone else tried out this new version of the Ubuntu distro/OS?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Never tried the new version but I have been using 8.0.4 for about a month now and I really like it compared to the old ones. So I think the new version will be really good. At least I see it that way right now.

Now I do use windows for some windows-only apps but have mostly worked in just linux. Surprisingly they have a lot of auto-configure features in ubuntu that have been added within the last year that I find helpful for average users.

IonCannon218

Reaction score
Only 2 more days before the official release!

I would like to upgrade to 8.10 this weekend

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Upgrading when it comes out, that night lol

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm running Fedora Core 9 on my Linux router/server at home, so I haven't tested Ubuntu 6.10 yet. I'll be sure to download it on release day though to check it out!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes I do. My bad. I'm on vacation so at some times, the keyboard messes up or I mess up on typing.