ubuntu installation

djalam

Reaction score
So this is how the scenario is i want to clean install all os's. Dual Install Windows and Ubunto on SEPERATE Partitions but.....First i want to reformat the hardrive then take the 110Gb hardrive and allocate it seperatly. Take then unallocated 110gb and first install Vista on it by partioning 15Gb NTFS and install vista on it leaving the rest untouched. Then I want to take the the cd and Install Ubuntu on A SEPERATE partition that is on a completly seperate partition of its own from the unallocated space left and install 15GB on that part.So the 80gb left of anallocated space, I want to reformat that and use it as my File storage area for both vista and ubuntu to reach. This way if i decide to do anything to Vista 15gb or Ubuntu 15gb i don't want that 80Gb of partition being untouched.
3382332502_68e47856b7_o.jpg

Yes its da graphics, lol. O and one more thing i don't wana use wubi cuz i herd it installs inside windows. So how do I go about installing this and using what program or what way.

mr g william

Reaction score
Ok what partitioning tool are you using second this is possible *I believe* second is window already 15gbs? finally your partitioning tool would have to separate a portion I suggest you use Ubuntu's tools here while installing make sure you Use 15gbs of it and leave the rest of the space untouched finally I would use your Windows Partitioning tool again and then Format the rest of the space into FAT32 not the one with the NTSC or something like that then your content would be able to be distrio correctly

IonCannon218

Reaction score
Merging My Documents in windows and the home directory in linux is difficult

Linux have a different file structure than Windows

You're better off reading the windows partition in linux

djalam

Reaction score
O ok thank u guys for the reply, so basically i should install ubuntu first
then install Windows
and the rest of space left format that as FAT 32
unless i missread....Thanx again

steronius

Reaction score
Sounds right.
Not sure Fat32 is necessary. Remember that Fat32 max file-size is 4096MB (4GB) so DVD sized files (4.7GB) (iso,img,etc.) will not save on Fat32.

j4k377

Reaction score
Installing Windows after any other OS will wipe the MBR and cause issues ;/

Why don't you just go full time *nix? ;)

cafenet

Reaction score
i tried install windows first, then ubuntu
the partition is same us manual partition, ntfs can be read from ubuntu, and home can read from my xp