Unable to access HTTP or Cpanel - Server = Lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.

skye001

Reaction score
Hi,

I registered on x10hosting a week ago, and so far unable to access my website or cpanel server. I thought it might be the upgrades and "cleansing" which might have a knock on affect before I posted here, but its still down.

I can access my cpanel through http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082

cpanel username: skye001

But I am unavailable to access my site.
http://focusone.pcriot.com
Hosting Type: Ad-Free

Many Thanks

Skye

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the site is up and working. Can you try pinging and tell us what you get?

I also verified your IP is not listed in the block list of the firewall.

-Corey

skye001

Reaction score
Hi Corey,

Yea its up and running now, do you have any idea why it was down for such a long period? Also the server load has decreased massively... any ideas on what resolved the issue?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible you were temporarily banned by the firewall. Using a multi connection FTP program is normally what causes that. Besides that the server has been operational for most of the day minus a few up and downs while I'm working on it.

-Corey

skye001

Reaction score
Strange that... I havent done any FTP-ing at all and the only browsers I use are Internet Explorer and Opera 9.52, but it seems that my site has gone down again... or Am I being blocked by the Firewall?

I can access cpanel through: http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082
But it seems that for some reason I have infinite bandwidth, email accounts, subdomains, mysql databases etc... Strange...

Skye

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
It's possible that HTTP went down for a restart or just died for some reason. There are lots of different applications on the servers which all deal with different types of requests, so if one's down it doesn't mean the whole server is down.

Can I close this thread, or do you need support with anything else?

-Luke.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Everything is online on Lotus right now, you must have been given another IP ban by the firewall.

Have you been using FileZilla or another FTP client at all?

-Luke.

skye001

Reaction score
none at all.. I have only uploaded one file and that was via cpanel >> File Manager...

What is the max limit on the Firewall? Also what Firewall do you use?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure about all the exact details, but if the firewall detects you using too many connections, you'll get an IP ban. If you haven't used an FTP client, it's unlikely that you'll have been IP banned though. How long ago were you last able to access your site?

-Luke.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I can access both, Lotus is definitely online. I'm going to move this to Level Two Support where an administrator will be able to help, I really don't know why you're unable to access the site. I'd try flushing your DNS cache again and maybe your browser cache, other than that I don't know what could be cauing it.

-Luke.

* Moved to Level Two Support *

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
What's the exact error that it gives you when you try to access your website ?
Please also make a ping to it and paste the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.