Unable to access my site??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyvercit

Reaction score
Hello x10 community, I recently signed up here and opened a forums for my small community and apparently its only been a few days and now I cannot access my website. Please help me fix this as soon as possible please. I will provide the error down below.

*An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.*

lylex10h

Reaction score
create a file with the following code:

PHP:
<?php

$link = @mysqli_connect('host', 'user', 'secret');
if(!$link) {
    die('failed to connect to the server: ' . mysqli_connect_error());
}

if(!@mysqli_select_db($link, 'dbname')) {
    die('failed to connect to the database: ' . mysqli_error($link));
}
?>
Replace host, user, secret and dbname with the database host (most likely localhost), the database user, secret with the password for the database user and dbname with the name of database. View the file in a browser and it should give you the raw error.

dyvercit

Reaction score
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- Access denied for user 'strafepv_shooteh'@'localhost' (using password: YES) -->

Says this but I have my MYSQL DB set up just fine.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
First we need to verify your XenForo license key (as it's extremely uncommon to see $150+ software in use on a free hosting account); in your clients area, open a suspension dispute with the Validation Token from the XenForo members area (it's located under your license key). After it's verified and the suspension lifted, the issue in this case is extremely simple - you do not have a database user named strafepv_shooteh; for security I won't reveal the name here, however if you go under MySQL Databases in cPanel, you can see all the database users assigned to your database. Alternatively you can make a new user with the strafepv_shooteh name and add it to the existing database with full permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.