Unable to create Hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwaskurt

Reaction score
I created this forum account (which was tied to my original hosting account) a couple months ago. The account went inactive and was suspended and then terminated (the hosting portion at least).

Currently, when I sign in under this account, it tells me I do not have a hosting account under my client account.

Problem -- I can't seem to create an actual hosting account tied to this client account or even a new client/hosting account. I tried attaching a hosting account to this client account, but it failed. I tried creating a new client account (success), but was returned the same message "no hosting account under the client account".

Anyone know what's going on?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try the "Swap" feature at the top?

iwaskurt

Reaction score
I'm not sure how swapping would help me in this scenario.

From what I understand the "swap" command allows a forum username to be swapped between client accounts. From what I've gathered, there are three accounts x10 can have associated together: forum, client, and hosting.

I have a forum account (proven by this message) that is tied to a client account (which allows me to access x10hosting.com/control). However, when clicking on "hosting" from the account control panel, I'm greeted with the message "there is no HOSTING account under this CLIENT account".

I can swap this forum name to another client. I still don't have a hosting account (which is apparently created after email verification of your client account). Problem is the hosting account is not being created and/or tied to my client account.

This is the message I get when visiting x10hosting.com/control and clicking on the "hosting" link in the control panel.

>>>Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account. This could be the result of a different scenarios:

• An older account was removed as the result of inactivity.
  • A past account has been terminated for breaching our Terms of Service.
  • You have never had a hosting account.<<<

iwaskurt

Reaction score
What value does swap have in this scenario?

I have a client account (access to control panel), a forum account (access to forums), but I can not get a HOSTING account tied to my client accounts (which are tied to forum accounts.. which are swapped between client accounts with the swap feature).

Ie.. Client account ONE, with forum account BOB, with hosting account BLAHBLAH.x10hosting.

I can swap forum account BOB to client account TWO with the swap feature.

Problem? I have no hosting account attached to either of my client accounts. Again.. this is the message I get when trying to access "hosting" under the control panel.

"Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account."

I got the same message from my old account (that this forum name is attached to) and the new one I created (even after I completed verification etc.)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Your client account button should be the same as your forum account...

iwaskurt

Reaction score
I have no issue with that fact, but for some reason you have completely ignored what I've stated three times now.

Forum account.. check.
Client account.. check.
Hosting account.. don't have.

When creating an account with x10 you go through the following process.
-Create client account (username, password, with associated email, and chosen domain)
-CLIENT account is created which allows access to the control panel (but no access to HOSTING until email verification is complete)
-After email is verified, the HOSTING account should be created and attached to your CLIENT account.

-Optional- You can create a FORUM account to post on these boards. This account is not required for a client account or host account to exist. IE.. when you initially create an x10 account (client) there is no associated forum account unless you explicitly choose to create one.

I have a forum account. I have a client account (which allows me to see the control panel). I don't have a hosting account so when I click on the "Hosting" link from the account control panel, I am presented the message "Woah! It appears that you do not have hosting under your client account."

I don't know what else to say to make this any clearer.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What's your cPanel username?

iwaskurt

Reaction score
After the frustration of it all, I have three accounts now all with the same result.

iwaskurt
iwaskurt@gmail.com
iwaskurtsb@hotmail.com

If you can make one work and kill the other two I'd be fine with that. I really don't care either way as none of them have anything hosted.

iwaskurt

Reaction score
Sigh.. this is a huge mess.

I'll give you all the associated account IDs.

account id - TMA21489505
contact email - vacationplannerkw@gmail.com
account name - iwaskurt (forum and client)

account id - MMP1042032
contact email - iwaskurt@gmail.com
account name - iwaskurtsb (forum and client)

account id - TMA21883768
contact email - iwaskurtsb@hotmail.com
account name - iwaskurtsb@hotmail.com (no forum account.. just use email addy to log into this account)

None of these accounts having hosting attached to them. If you can make it work with one of them, the other two can be deleted.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that didn't answer my question. What I asked for was the cPanel username you chose when you last tried to create a hosting account (verified it and everything) but it doesn't show up in your client account. What was that cPanel username, please so that I can verify if the system recognizes it or not? That way, I can confirm that the account may have never been created and if so, I'll escalate your issue to staff so that they can look into your problem.

iwaskurt

Reaction score
I listed every account I have. ID, associated email (which is used as a login for one account), and account names.

cPanel, I'm assuming, is the control panel of your account which is found at https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php.

This is where you login to your client account, which I listed for every account I have. This one in particular is iwaskurt. I also have iwaskurtsb and iwaskurtsb@hotmail.com. iwaskurtsb and iwaskurtsb@hotmail.com are two separate client accounts.

If the cPanel is NOT https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php, please direct me to it.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
No, that link you're showing is to the account panel. In the hosting sign up process, you were suppose to choose a cPanel username and a domain name (may have set as a .x10hosting.com url for your site). Again, what was that cPanel username? If you never came across this in the sign up process, that would explain why you never got a hosting account.

edit: The cPanel is the place where you administer your site. Where you can addon and/or park domains, create email accounts, administer MySQL and so on and much more.

Last edited:

iwaskurt

Reaction score
I'm looking at the creation page right now.

It asks for
Email Address (which I gave you 3 of)

Username (which I also listed 3 of)

Domain http: (i chose iwaskurt for all of the domains and still haven't got it attached to any account)

Password

Confirm Password

After this step, it goes to email verification. After email verification you are allowed to login to your account which shoots you to the account panel found after logging in here https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php.

So.. ya? I gave you the cPanel username (iwaskurt) which apparently triples as my client name and forum name also.

How about you link me the cPanel login page?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I apologize, the sign up process has changed since I last looked at it. Unfortunately, there is no cPanel login page for you to be linked to because it relies on your domain address and/or the server name on which your hosting account is in. Since there's no hosting account, there's no cPanel link for you to try to log into. I'll go see if there's an issue with the sign ups.

iwaskurtsb

Reaction score
I have two other concerns as well.

-After initial account creation (where it states the email has been sent and is awaiting verification) it lists this as Step 1. Also, a banner pops up requesting a valid cell phone number, which I'm assuming is from a banner ad of some sort as it does have the "Pass" option available in the top right of the window. Banner ad infesting x10 account creation or actual part of x10 account creation?

-Even after opting OUT of the myview survey spam at the end of account creation, I still received an email from them. They request registration on THEIR site claiming it to be part of x10hosting registration completion.

If either of these are necessities for a free account, I'll pass. It's very poor form to tangle account creation with the garbled mess of spam from third party companies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Use this only:

account id - TMA21489505
contact email - vacationplannerkw@gmail.com
account name - iwaskurt (forum and client)

The issue was caused by a change that was put live at midnight. I have forced your original signup attempt through the system - You should have received the hosting account information email.

Also, the ads pay our server bills for free hosting, sorry for the inconvenience. It can all be skipped / ignored anyway. You won't find that junk on our paid service sites.

iwaskurtsb

Reaction score
Thank you.

I understand the need for ads, but their placement almost seems shady. I'm not complaining about their existence, just their location. The one requesting my cell phone really looked like part of the account creation.

Anyways, thanks again. If I need to nix the other accounts, let me know what steps to take to kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.