Unable to log into control panel from dashboard

ghall

Reaction score
I had to change my password earlier this morning, and now I am having problems. I can log in to the dashboard with my new password but when I click the link to go to the control panel and try to log in there, I am given this error: "Hmm, login details do not seem to be correct. Please try again." I assume the password for the control panel is the same as the one I use to login to the dashboard. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The passwords would not typically be the same, especially not after one was changed.
The hosting control password is separate, it can be changed through the dashboard however if you click the service name and use the option to change password present in the service details page.
You should still be able to use the automatic option to login to the hosting control panel from the dashboard though, but you might need to logout of the dashboard and login again with the new password.

ghall

Reaction score
The passwords would not typically be the same, especially not after one was changed.
The hosting control password is separate, it can be changed through the dashboard however if you click the service name and use the option to change password present in the service details page.
You should still be able to use the automatic option to login to the hosting control panel from the dashboard though, but you might need to logout of the dashboard and login again with the new password.
Got it. I did change the password as you described but since I had messed around so much trying to get in, my IP is now blacklisted. When it rains, it pours. I am reading the process to get myself un-blacklisted but it is involving things I haven't done for years.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got it. I did change the password as you described but since I had messed around so much trying to get in, my IP is now blacklisted. When it rains, it pours. I am reading the process to get myself un-blacklisted but it is involving things I haven't done for years.
Blacklisting has been removed