Unable to log into my cpanel so I am unable to fix and improve my "free" website. Ple

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasbiz

Reaction score
Firstly... thank you... so much has changed in the past hours since I was having sooo much trouble.

However, didn't any further with Cpanel, which has a permanently fixed (red font) message, on opening (Cpanel ); either directly from the shortcut; or the accounts; page that reads: "incorrect user name/ password".

Other important fix ups is I need to get on with once I'm logged in; are:
Where is the header banner?
Why was the images file empty upon download from free-websites and upload from harddrive to .x10hosting.com
The website chosen was "Photography"

At the moment it is reading like a very, very boring, boring blog... there is no optimisation and definitely no monetisation and there isn't an eccommerce utility in sight yet!

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards, tas (tasbiz)

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Unable to log into my cpanel so I am unable to fix and improve my "free" website.

Firstly... thank you... so much has changed in the past hours since I was having sooo much trouble.

However, didn't any further with Cpanel, which has a permanently fixed (red font) message, on opening (Cpanel ); either directly from the shortcut; or the accounts; page that reads: "incorrect user name/ password".

Other important fix ups is I need to get on with once I'm logged in; are:
Where is the header banner?
Why was the images file empty upon download from free-websites and upload from harddrive to .x10hosting.com

At the moment it is reading like a very, very boring, boring blog... there is no optimisation and definitely no monetisation and there isn't an eccommerce utility in sight yet!

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards, tas (tasbiz)

What cPanel URL are you using? try resetting your password in the account panel.

The header banner... what does it look like right now? If its a bunch of repeating squares, click FULL GRAPHICS in the footer.

What do you mean by this:

Last edited:

tasbiz

Reaction score
Re: Unable to log into my cpanel so I am unable to fix and improve my "free" website.

What cPanel URL are you using? try resetting your password in the account panel.
Difficult to be specific, as I haven't been tracking the url's but I can certainly say, I've been trying EVERYTHING for hours!

try resetting your password in the account panel
Yep... done that, over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over and over... (to begin with, I was having monstorous issues...most of the time, the password wasn't resetting...) once that was resolved... I had lost track of the password resets and left the password by it's last default, during which time I wondered if my Client, Hosting and Forum passwords were the same... but that's just because of the amount of attempts.

[QUOTE The header banner... what does it look like right now? If its a bunch of repeating squares, click FULL GRAPHICS in the footer.
The header banner is "missing" ... basically, in the place of the header banner graphic is a box containing a red square... like those, that were fairly common on the internet years ago... If I right click over it selecting, "show picture", there is no transformsation (action taking place) at all.

NB: administrators: I saw the news, warning about the software testing... don't know what you did, but during that time... heaps of things seem to right themselves..
Also, I have read the "riot acts", and performed key word searches on the forum...

Thank you tech airlines for your response... hope to hear back, any further suggestions.

Cheers

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

I had lost track of the password resets and left the password by it's last default, during which time I wondered if my Client, Hosting and Forum passwords were the same

This is correct. When you reset your password in the account panel, the password for Client, Hosting and Forum become the same. So log into your account panel with your forum username and password, click on Hosting at the top, then click on the button "Login to cPanel". That should take you right into your cPanel without it asking you for your username and password again.

tasbiz

Reaction score

Difficult to be specific, as I haven't been tracking the url's but I can certainly say, I've been trying EVERYTHING for hours!

try resetting your password in the account panel
Yep... done that, over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over and over... (to begin with, I was having monstorous issues...most of the time, the password wasn't resetting...) once that was resolved... I had lost track of the password resets and left the password by it's last default, during which time I wondered if my Client, Hosting and Forum passwords were the same... but that's just because of the amount of attempts.

[QUOTE The header banner... what does it look like right now? If its a bunch of repeating squares, click FULL GRAPHICS in the footer.
The header banner is "missing" ... basically, in the place of the header banner graphic is a box containing a red square... like those, that were fairly common on the internet years ago... If I right click over it selecting, "show picture", there is no transformsation (action taking place) at all.

NB: administrators: I saw the news, warning about the software testing... don't know what you did, but during that time... heaps of things seem to right themselves..
Also, I have read the "riot acts", and performed key word searches on the forum...

Thank you tech airlines for your response... hope to hear back, any further suggestions.

Cheers

Last edited:

tasbiz

Reaction score

See message to Calistoy below. above (not below) depending whether you have your settings on ascending or descending... the reply buttons are at the bottom of the page... better to go in descending order...will change my settings next time I log in to my account.

Last edited:

tasbiz

Reaction score

Calistoy
This is correct. When you reset your password in the account panel, the password for Client, Hosting and Forum become the same. So log into your account panel with your forum username and password, click on Hosting at the top, then click on the button "Login to cPanel". That should take you right into your cPanel without it asking you for your username and password again.

I must apologise in advance, for my expression... I try to explain in detail to get across that I have tried EVERY reasonable thing.. but somehow my explanations get lost in the translation.

The hosting user name was registered before the Forum... thus, the Forum requested a longer username, so I have two usernames... and you have the option of using your username or email for the account login.. but as I believe it to be, my client user name is the client user login user name and my forum username is my forum user name... though, I also attempted all possible combinations once, and then spent the rest of the hours testing.

Hope that clarifys.

Thank you

tasbiz

Reaction score

D'oh... must goo to bed!! I've got my threads reading in ascending orders, but ofcourse the reply buttons are at the bottom... !

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

What I understand from you is that none of these following options are logging you into your account panel located at https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php

1. forum username and password
2. cPanel username and password
3. email and password

Therefore, you are locked out of your account completely and can't log in anywhere but your forum account. Is this correct?

tasbiz

Reaction score

Yes!

Also, as I have already mentioned, updating the password (when it works).. has not resolved the (cPanel) issue... because someimes I get the opportunity to log into the forum (at best) and sometimes I am unable to even do that.

I have been logged into the forum for some hours now (with success).

I have tested the url again (yours, that you posted)... which pointed me, to the" account sign in" login and signed me into my account - successfully -with my last - known - to be- working - account user name and account password (my email address works also).

From there, I was successfully logged into the forum with my forum user name and forum password.

I have tested the "View details" here (from the url, you posted, that successfully logs me (as always for the past several hours) into my "Hosting Account Management".

Then as I have tried to do countless times... I click on the "log into cPanel" and "cPanel" shows up already showing a "login attempt failed" error above the prompt, in red font.

So, again, I check the url... it is: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/login/

Then, again, I try to login anyway using my client user name and client password.

(Of course the password does not change for all three... though I was having problems yesterday, with the "wrong link" "your forum and host are not linked" runaround.)

The entries I made, disappear... the (above) error message doesn't even refresh, I don't think.

Then I try to login to "cPanel" from here: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/login.php

(notice /login.php is at the end of the url)

Then I try to login to "cPanel" from here: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/login

(notice no... .php at the end of the url - I am accustomed to checking for affiliate-id's here... I know .php is not an affiliate-id btw :pigeon: )

Then I try to login to "cPanel" from here: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/

(notice no... /login.php at the end of the url...

The outcome is always the same.... with only one or two differences, randomly speaking..

Basically, the exactly same torture repeats itself... only worse... beacuse when I try to login from here: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2083/

I am hopeful for success, because the same (above) error message appears AFTER I attempt to login, not BEFORE I try to login.

Previously, (but not now, that I have come to my senses) I was also, in one final act of desperation attempting to login into my client / cPanel, with the webmail cPanel from: https://stoli.x10hosting.com:2096/

Thank you so much for hanging in there with me.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

I'm going to escalate this thread now, since it won't log you into your cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.