Unable to reply to other peoples post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboardblog93

Reaction score
Rather than starting yet another thread on the many internal 500 errors people are having this morning, I wanted to reply to the latest post with what I'm seeing. Instead I'm told I don't have the necessary permission. How is that so? I am login in,and at the bottom of the thread in posting permissions I have all the relevant permissions. Is this related to the error 500? I also notice other people with this problem are getting suspended or can not log in to their c-panel. As of currently I have a unsuspended status and I can log into my c-panel. I hope this would help someone on the support staff figure things out. Sorry for the unneeded thread,but I can not post a reply to the many similar threads. Thanks for all the hard work you guys at x10hosting do.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
We want users to start their own support threads instead adding their issue to somebody else's thread because that kind of thing can cause confusion and complicate support. Therefore only users of higher rankings can respond to threads in free hosting support.

cardboardblog93

Reaction score
That makes sense, I just did not want to contribute to forum clutter. BTW there was nothing in the service reports and was wondering if this error 500 was system wide or just affecting certain users.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, there are currently a lot of reports of 500 errors. I really don't know anything more about it other than staff is aware of the issue and looking into it.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
That makes sense, I just did not want to contribute to forum clutter. BTW there was nothing in the service reports and was wondering if this error 500 was system wide or just affecting certain users.

Adding to carl said,
The 500 error is not showing always. The 500 error can be caused by the file permissions , wrong configuration settings in .htaccess

cardboardblog93

Reaction score
Out of curiousity,could this particular string of error 500 stem from mysql? If the boru server was recently updated mysql or java system. This could be the doings of Oracle. Recently Eclipse ide and the Android SDK was broken when Oracle changed its branding from Sun Microsystem that problem occurred because Oracle changed the company field. Check all the fields when compiling JRE and Mysql subsystems. Infact I have to go and make sure Eclipse 3.5 is still running for me.

Edit, as far as I know. Oracle has not touched the mysql database client, I just dont know if they changed the license and source of the mysql server yet.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Ok, call me a conspiracy theorist,but I think Oracle is about to kill the net! No really, I did some googling around and seen alot of other webhost with huge amounts of internal server errors and mysql databases crashing all over. I searched google trends and seen this huge spike in the search term "internal server error 500" back in April. Thats around the same time when Oracle changed the company info in their rebranding effort that broke eclipse. In the last 48 hours their is this huge spile in mysql errors. That can't be just coincidental. Ok, I am now ready to remove my tin foiled hat. Just something to think about when trouble shooting these errors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.