Unable to upload files to website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashcunni

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a college student using Dreamweaver to create and put my files to my x10 site (for my web design class). Everything was going smoothly until I suddenly stopped being able to upload anything new to my site. I put my files to the server, which seemingly goes well, until I check my website, and nothing new is uploaded. I keep getting the same message:

"Not Found
The requested URL /project02/project2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I've tried everything. My professor can't figure it out and neither can anyone in my class. I was able to temporarily upload a pdf to my site today- but that lasted for about 20 minutes. The error message took its place as soon as I tried to put another file. My first project still remains in tact on my site. The error message only applies to whatever new content I try to upload. I am in desperation mode as I am a busy full-time working student. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I will probably need more space in the future. Can I request it through this thread?

Thank you,
Ashley

reecehai

Reaction score
What is the total size of the file you are trying to upload? There is a limit of how large a file can be uploaded and if it's larger than allowed then the file is automatically deleted.

ashcunni

Reaction score
It's 20 MB. I loaded a jpg in its place that was 70 KB, and the same message appeared. It doesn't matter what I try to upload, the error message is always present with the same content -"The requested URL /project02/project2.html was not found on this server."

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seeing two issues; the first is the page is called Project02.html (missing 0 in your link), but also that we're running Linux rather than Windows. Linux is CaSe SeNsItIvE, so the capital-P is required - project02/project02.html will fail, but project02/Project02.html will succeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.