Unable to upload files

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st75

Reaction score
Hello,

I transferred my site from another host to here yesterday and was able to upload all the files except one bmp file. Today i deleted the bmp and tried to upload the file in bmp format but received the following error:

Virus Detected; File not Uploaded! (No such file or directory)

I scanned the file and no virus was found. I deleted it and tried to edit the page to remove the link for now. When i went to upload the new html file i received the same virus detection error. Once again, a scan shows the file to be clean. Is this an intermittent problem with file uploading to the server? I notice the java issue i had yesterday seemed to resolve itself overnight as well. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Gh0st75

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I transferred my site from another host to here yesterday and was able to upload all the files except one bmp file. Today i deleted the bmp and tried to upload the file in bmp format but received the following error:

Virus Detected; File not Uploaded! (No such file or directory)

I scanned the file and no virus was found. I deleted it and tried to edit the page to remove the link for now. When i went to upload the new html file i received the same virus detection error. Once again, a scan shows the file to be clean. Is this an intermittent problem with file uploading to the server? I notice the java issue i had yesterday seemed to resolve itself overnight as well. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Gh0st75

Try uploading it via FTP. That may get it around the scanner, it may not. Worst case scenario, change it to a PNG and see if it errors out again. It may be a false positive, but to verify, upload the Bitmap to virustotal.com and have them scan it.

gh0st75

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I uploaded the file to virustotal.com and it didn't detect any viruses so it would appear to be a false-positive. Would that mean i should intermittently be able to upload the file, or just that some files will inadvertantly get blacklisted for meeting virus criteria?

I don't appear to be able to upload any files at the moment, i get the same error (which i can only see using the legacy file manager). Should i be able to ftp files to the site using IE, or would i have to install a ftp application? I do most of my website tinkering while at work so can't install any programs.

Thanks for your help,

Gh0st75

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
some files are being shown as virus i was uploading a script and got same thing the problem was that the script was using iframe thats why i got that and i removed that and the file uploaded successfully as smith said use ftp better and faster

Status
Not open for further replies.