Undeletable File

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
Somehow i uploaded a file and unable to open nor delete the file. Guess the file just got bugged. :nuts:

Acct Username: syahiran
File Directory: /public_html/ite
FileName: PayPâl.doc

Thanks.

dfound

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a stab at this and say it was the little hat on the a that did you in.

baudSmoke

Reaction score
I created a file with the same name and I am able to delete it. What ftp client are you using?

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
I created a file with the same name and I am able to delete it. What ftp client are you using?
After you upload, try open the document file on your browser, it will cause an error.
- I can open it with FF, but the file cannot be found on ie (404 error). And when i open the file on my school computer, it cause an error saying the file is corrupted.

I'm gonna take a stab at this and say it was the little hat on the a that did you in.
Yes i agree, there's something got to do with the "â".

P/S: Admins, when the file causes the error when opening, the file will then look like this in the cPanel filemanager, PayP�l.doc. Tried to delete it in cPanel filemanager, it will disappear from the list when i click delete, but when i reload the page, the file came back to life again. Something or somewhat just resurrect it.

And when i tried to delete via ftp (FireFTP), i got this error:
550 Could not delete PayPâl.doc: No such file or directory : /public_html/ite/PayPâl.doc

Status
Not open for further replies.