Underated Forum Software

phenetic

Reaction score
What forum software do you see that is good, but doesnt get teh attetion you think it should deserve.

me i have been lookin and am starting to work with Burning Board, i have used wBB Lite, but then i bought vBulletin. Burning board 2 is very cool and it really should get more attention than it does now.

phenetic

Reaction score
im bout to try SMF, maybe ill even make a few skins for it....but yea i think is phpBB is TOO OVERATED, too me it looks like a "kiddy" forum sort of.

EDIT: Ok i tried this SMF software, and i can see how big this is gonna be, i mean this is a "newbies" dream, no editing of the forum files or nothing for popular mods such as the shop and arcade

phenetic

Reaction score
nah, but i aint gonna use it, im sticking with vBulletin, its still the best :D so f*ck SMF right now

phenetic

Reaction score
2.3 has some mods i like but cant get on vb3, but seems my hip-hop site likes vb3 the best

mskprathap

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have heard about YABB (Yet Another Bulletin Board).
Its free opensource forum software with easily avaialble mods and nice templates.

I have been using it for quite some time now and I find it much much better than pHpbb.

Invision is nice,so is vb but when it comes to free one,I think YaBB is the one.

mskprathap

Su2000

Reaction score
If it has to be underrated, I would think Burning Board. I have the last 1.0.x version before it turned to wBB Lite.

Btw, do you think this forum software looks a little like IPB? (support.jaia-interactive.com) It's MyTopix, and it has similarity to IPB. (that's what I'm thinking)

phenetic

Reaction score
XMB is alright, but if you edit one template, it affects all the other themes.

yaBB is alright, but im not a fan of perl, plus the makers of yaBBSE have made SMF

and wBB to me reminds me of vBulletin :D

gemleeus

Reaction score
i like the smf board layout also, i just can't get the hang of upgrading to 1.0.1 i've uploaded the files but where it tells you to type your domain in your favorite browser i don't seem to know what to type in, i've tried all kinds of different ways? i just stick with whatever comes with the script i install.

Richard

Reaction score
Heres another one pubBB (www.pubbb.org)

Its very simple and fast no images or higher features but thats what makes it an attractive alternative.

nicholas

Reaction score
paid its got to be vb and ipb....free one i think phpbb is the most common and popular one....but smf is on the way up.... :) ...so i would say the underrated forum software to look at has to be smf :D

phenetic

Reaction score
yea but wBB Lite is very similar to vBulletin 2, but the template system is better is wBB 2, smf just has to get rid of its old yaBBSE look

Rhianna

Reaction score
Beehive Forum .5 Online Community Software

extremetech.com has a recent review of Beehive Forum .5 Online Community Software :)

In this review we'll take a close look at the new release of Beehive, a free and open source forum package. You can use Beehive without paying a cent, and you can customize the code until your heart's content.

Beehive requires PHP 4.1.0 and MySQL 3.5 or above to run. This is all included in the readme.txt installation instructions. Users simply need a web browser to participate in a Beehive forum. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Mozilla all work fine with Beehive. [1]

Read the article to learn more about the features of this forum software. :)