University Project

tomjkear

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on my dissertation and I am putting together a site. It will be online soon, however it is a work in progress so there are things that are not quite finished and will be listed in the "future work" section of the project.

I could really do with some feedback on what people think of the site. If the content (that is there) is useful and if the site is easy enough to navigate around. I have put an online survey on the site to gather such information.

I will post the link as soon as its live and really hope some of you can take a look and make some comments.

If you can add a recipe into the database then that would be fantastic because I need to get it filled up ;)

Thanks,
TK

Edit: The site's up and you can find it here

Last edited by a moderator:

tomjkear

Reaction score
Hi,
What's the name of the site?

Site is now live but is just a prototype at present.

Link: www.easyrda.elementfx.com

I am looking for feedback on the design and concepts of the site primarily. If you can complete the survey that would be awesome.

Some of the functionality is not yet complete but I need some feedback for my results discussion based on the content that is there.

Thanks to anyone who views/reviews the site.

Cheers,
TK

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I like your default design; it is advanced but simple at the same time.
The only thing it is missing is a logo. It looks weird without one. (there is blank space in the upper left corner, a great place for a logo)

tomjkear

Reaction score
I like your default design; it is advanced but simple at the same time.
The only thing it is missing is a logo. It looks weird without one. (there is blank space in the upper left corner, a great place for a logo)

I know.

I have spent a great deal of time in Photoshop but I can't come up with anything good :(

Thanks for the comments everyone, please keep them coming.

hartawan

Reaction score
very nice indeed....very good start... give you 8/10
keep going broo...

fehmida_aysha

Reaction score
I am also working on my final year project actually.
My website is a "hotel recommendation system". I got it hosted for testing purposes on http://hotelsplus.exofire.net/
I got many feedbacks which have greatly help me for improvement of the Human-Computer Interaction of the interfaces.
I know you would like to make your website as user-friendly as possible.
You should be careful about the vertical navigation bar, it doesn't appear on the survey page and some other pages. There is a "return to home" link on the survey page, at first glance I did not see it.
But, The colour combination is great, thumbs up:)
The website is great!

-Fehmida

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I edited your original post to add a link, I was a little confused when I came to your post as there wasn't a link.

Your site's looking good, you have a different, abstract colour scheme that isn't too harsh on the eyes. Your layout is logical, things are set out in the order you'd expect them to be.

I agree with the previous comments about needing a logo though. The header of your site looks strangely empty without one, I assume that space is for a logo?

You do have some minor validation errors with your code that you should get fixed, else you might get some issues with certain browsers.

Either way, nice layout, appealing colours. You need to fix the validation issues, but other than that it's a good site, keep up the good work.

-Luke.

tomjkear

Reaction score
Hi,

I edited your original post to add a link, I was a little confused when I came to your post as there wasn't a link.

Your site's looking good, you have a different, abstract colour scheme that isn't too harsh on the eyes. Your layout is logical, things are set out in the order you'd expect them to be.

I agree with the previous comments about needing a logo though. The header of your site looks strangely empty without one, I assume that space is for a logo?

You do have some minor validation errors with your code that you should get fixed, else you might get some issues with certain browsers.

Either way, nice layout, appealing colours. You need to fix the validation issues, but other than that it's a good site, keep up the good work.

-Luke.

Thanks for the comments.

I have run the site through CSS and XHTML validators now and I think I have "cured" the small errors.

The site is XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.1.

Still working on getting it WAI compliant but need sleep so off for the night.

Cheers, TK