Email Forwarders 0
Auto-responders 0
Mailing Lists 0 / 5
Email Filters 0
Ftp Accounts 1 / 3

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Didn't you hear? We're giving unlimited disk space to 2 random people every day 'til Christmas.

(JOKING. WE'RE NOT THAT NICE.)

I'm not sure about that, it looks like just a glitch. Unlimited does not equal unmetered, so if anyone starts uploading massive amounts of junk, we'll know ;).

Last edited:

amr1991

Reaction score
You lucky boy you :biggrin: Like he said, it probably won't let you have unlimited space, that would be bad, no host gives unlimited space, its just not possible. That means I could upload 200gigs without any comment :eek4:? No not rly :lol:

IIN Operator

Reaction score
There is no such thing as unlimited space. Web hosts own or lease computer hard drives to offer their services and computer hard drives have a limited amount of space which doesn't usually exceed about 120 GB, though there are some 250 GB hard drives available.

If a web host promises unlimited space (there are a few unnamed hosts I'm talking about), that should be a red flag that they're an incompetent company.

I think its definitely a glitch. Realistically, there is no difference between 1 gig of space and unlimited space when it comes to web sites. The only way you can blow that much space is if you copy the entire Wikipedia. Honestly, I doubt most websites ever come near the 15 MB limit Geocities has (but Geocities does do their bandwidth hourly, which causes those pages to often be down). The more important limit is the bandwidth limit, which should be in GB, otherwise your going to find your site down most of the time.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no such thing as unlimited space. Web hosts own or lease computer hard drives to offer their services and computer hard drives have a limited amount of space which doesn't usually exceed about 120 GB, though there are some 250 GB hard drives available.

If a web host promises unlimited space (there are a few unnamed hosts I'm talking about), that should be a red flag that they're an incompetent company.

I think its definitely a glitch. Realistically, there is no difference between 1 gig of space and unlimited space when it comes to web sites. The only way you can blow that much space is if you copy the entire Wikipedia. Honestly, I doubt most websites ever come near the 15 MB limit Geocities has (but Geocities does do their bandwidth hourly, which causes those pages to often be down). The more important limit is the bandwidth limit, which should be in GB, otherwise your going to find your site down most of the time.
]

There is a way to get unlimited disk space in perspective, when the HOST is about to run out of HDD space, they add another server and get a big cluster, sharing the space on each...;)

lambada

Reaction score
Unlimited is simply a cPanel term to say whoever grabs the disk space first, gets it. Almost definately a glitch.

And @Cynical: When I read that I was laughing so hard my sides hurt.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It will go back to normal next time I run quotacheck. Sorry ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.