unreal tournament

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
anyone play it? or a game that uses the engine at last, not the latest game, cuz ive made a level for college as an assignment and were gunna import all the levels to Ued 2k4 to play them, ive made a CTF map and want to know if when this happens does anyone want the map to play and tell me what they think

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I think it uses UE 3, but I'm not sure.

You positive on that?

Cause UE3 is for Unreal Tournament 3; UT3 runs on Unreal Engine 3, so it'd use UEd 3.

What he MEANT to say most likely is the game is for UT2003 or 2004 since they both run on UE2 (Minor note here, UT2004 actually uses UE2.5, but for most intents and purposes a ut2003 map should work on 2004 since 2004 is mostly a glorified upgrade to 2003).

To go with that both are likely using UnrealEd 2 or 2.5 to go with Unreal Engine 2 or 2.5 :)

Thats evident by Postal 2 actually - Postal 2 uses the Unreal 2 engine as well. For the hell of it I tried modifying one of its maps with the editor that came with UT2003 - it loads it just fine. Didn't play in ut2003 cause it was missing the stuff designed for 2003 (spawn points, weapon spawns for 2003, etc), but it's the same editor for the same engine.

Short version: Editor is UEd 2/2.5, game is ut2003/2004, engine is Unreal 2.0/2.5. UE3 = UT2007 (officially Unreal Tournament 3, but I like using the year better), which uses UnrealEd 3. This isn't a 2007 map since the original poster referenced Ued 2k4, which sounds like they meant the editor that came with UT2004 :)

I'd love to see the map at the very least, maybe it'll re-kindle some interest I had in map-making, and this system can't run UT3 (does pretty well with 2k4 though - always liked maps where stuff changes around every few minutes so the map itself is an opponent, not just the players on that map :) )

Xemnas

Reaction score
I'm learning both UnrealEd 2.0 and UnrealScript for UT '99, I always love games you can make all kinds of mods for, playing them with the rest of the world is even better (I wish more people would play the Siege mod, that is by far my favourite). I want to be able to write a custom gametype that works similar to how Star Wars Battlefront plays; I don't think that should be hard (my guess is I could re-use the Assault scripts, add a couple of menus and reinforcement counters, and either use custom maps with more spawn points or script the SPs myself; the former would probably be the more viable of the two). Who knows, maybe I could get it to work on your map! (which means yes, I'd like to see that map ;))

Last edited: