Unsuspend Account after Server Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewjbaker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would someone kindly unsuspend my account when the server move has been completed? I receive a Website Moved message when viewing my URL so I imagine it has now been transferred... (?!) but perhaps my site content is yet to be retrieved from the backup...

Thank you.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi andrewjbaker,

the new DNS settings need to be propagated before you may access you website at it's new location. Sadly, in can take up to 48h after the settings where set. Please read http://status.x10hosting.com/ to stay informed.

andrewjbaker

Reaction score
I got the impression tho', from another thread, that my account would not be unsuspended automatically.

That's why I raised this support call. :-s

OK, thank you both.

The DNS settings need to propagate? Clearly it's a different server so most likely it'll have a different 'internal' IP address but are you implying that I may also need to update my DNS settings over at .co.cc?

zapzack

Reaction score
Yes, the internal DNS still has to update. It can take 24-48 hours to fully propagate.

andrewjbaker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm ever so sorry, but I imagine the DNS propagation mentioned in the previous post should most definitely have completed by now.

I understand that there appears to be a problem with cPanel; certainly I can't access cPanel on Fris.

Also, I think I'm suffering from the following:

Known Issues:
For some reason the move has been wiping out the MySQL access hosts. If you have MySQL issues please go to the remote MySQL section of your cPanel and add “int.fris.x10hosting.com” as an access host. This should fix the MySQL issues.

However, I obviously can't access cPanel to rectify the MySQL access hosts configuration. :-s

Any help gratefully received...

Cheers, Andy.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your account was temporarily suspended due to server migration. I have now unsuspended it.

Regarding cPanel login try this:
Login to http://x10hosting.com/control/login.php with forums username and password.
Go to "Hosting" on TOP navigation, ----> Then Click on "update password". There you can change your password. put forums password in "Current Password" field.
Note: After this process, password for your client account, cPanel, and forums will become same.
Then try login to cPanel again.

Last edited:

andrewjbaker

Reaction score
Thank you carl6969... that's done the trick wonderfully. Now I can hopefully troubleshoot my MySQL issue. :-D

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Strange. When I click on MySQL databases in cPanel, there aren't any listed. Have I lost my data?

andrewjbaker

Reaction score
I don't know who I have to thank but all appears to be functioning as expected now.

It's been a long hard slog but I appreciate that server moves occur very rarely.

This call can now be closed.

Cheers, Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.