Unsuspension actions ineffective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My accounts were suspended (both)
The screens in \control told me to click the Unsuspension buttons. I did.
They did not make it happened, but said they had. Very misleading.
I logged into the forums to find out why not.
It told me I may have done things the wrong way around.
So I tried to do them the right way around.
But there was no Unsuspension buttons to click as part two of the operations. Sad.
So it still has not worked for either account.
Can you manually unsuspend www.greally.exofire.net and asnz.exofire.net please?
And can you tell me the mandatory order these must be done in to avoid a repetition?

Thank you,
John Greally

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
My accounts were suspended (both)
The screens in \control told me to click the Unsuspension buttons. I did.
They did not make it happened, but said they had. Very misleading.

You are not currently suspended now, and here's why. When you clicked the unsuspension button, that system action then went into a queue. However long it takes depends on how long that queue was with system actions for other hosting accounts. I'm sorry you thought it was misleading, but your actions to unsuspend really did work because you're unsuspended now.

Reaction score
Yes, I can understand a queue, a fair queue, a few hours, a day perhaps even, but not 4-6 days (so far). It is not rocket science or extra staff that is required. It is a policy change.

All of which seems to have led others to very strongly suspect that X10hosting is an absolute con established solely to suck naive users into paying-up large for their services by spoiling the so-called 'free' operation at every possible point and for as long as possible (one user suggested to me by e-mail last week).

I am hoping that there is another rationale for what has happened. I know that Weebly.com does not do it, in fact no-one else does that I have previously used or compared. Our web site has been down (and e-mail down!) 10-15% of the time this year I would estimate (4 incidents, 34 days, average 8 days each to recover from?).

But thanks for your freely given help Calistoy.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That, and if you had an old .htaccess, it'll now be named .htaccess.suspend - rename it back and all is good.

Seems for whatever reason cPanel doesn't always decide to undo those when we tell it to unsuspend. Another undocumented feature, like the 160 connection limit we hit a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
I would love to deal to my .htaccess file as advised, but everything I try to log in to, except forums, tells me I am "suspended". Cpanel, admin, emails, site pages, etc.,

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a bug in cPanel, I'm escalating this so that someone can fix it for you.

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.