unsuspension and change password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've checked the Wiki and FAQ and couldn't find any answers to my questions.

My account was suspended last night (over 12 hours ago) due to high system usage, but I was only installing plugins to a wordpress account. Anyway, I put in the request for my account to be unsuspended and it's still pending. How long does this take? Also, is there a way to know when I'm getting close to the point my account will be suspended for high usage? I really do not want to go through this again.

I also wanted to know how long a request to change my account password takes. I received an email saying it was changed but when I attempt to log into cPanel it says my password is wrong (both old and new).

Thanks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
No suspension gives a warning. There isn't a reliable way of knowing when you'll be suspended, especially for high resource usage or you'd get 200 emails a day.

Honestly, wordpress with any plugin causes a great deal of HRU suspensions. You'll have to narrow it down to the absolute minimum number of plugins or you can switch to a different software. You might want to check with the people at wordpress to find out how you can limit wordpress from hogging all the system resources.

I'm showing that you're unsuspended now.

Your password should have been changed. I see it in your account history that it processed. Could you try changing it one more time to make sure you didn't accidentally mistype it? If that doesn't work, I'll ask a staff member to look into this for you.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm unsuspended now and I was able to log into cPanel. I tried one more time before resetting the password again and it logged me right in. Is it possible that I was unable to log in while I was suspended? That's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, all access to your account is revoked when you are suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.