Unsuspension not working - high system resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
My account was suspended on May 29th for 'high system resource usage'. I applied to have my account unsuspected yesterday and the application was approved at 5pm today. Less than an hour and a half later I have found that my account has been suspended again for 'high system resource use'.

I do not know what is causing these suspensions, the work I do has a minimal bandwidth requirement and I have not had a problem with resource usage during the last two years of using this same account. The only explanation I can think of is that possibly my account was hacked, but I do not know how this could be fixed if I cannot log on to the cPanel to inspect the problem.

I did not see a forum post on this topic, I would appreciate being linked to it if there is one.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
These suspensions occur whenever the server thinks that you are using up too many resources that cause other users' sites to slow down.
It doesn't have to be gradual either, you could be suspended for high system resource usage by running a script that has a high CPU usage very quickly

zapzack

Reaction score
Make sure that when your pages run that not too much is being ran at one time. If you run wordpress, limit the amount of plugins you have.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
I don't think this solves my problem. The work I do involves a couple MySQL database calls and possibly remotely loading some page data, processing it and sending it to a Flash app. However, these scripts are only run when someone uses my Flash app (not stored on x10 servers) and since my services have been down for a couple weeks, I don't think anyone should be using my stuff right now.

I think I need more information, like what file appears to be using too many resources, or if I could gain access to the files on my account without allowing them to be used (I need a way of fixing the problem before my account gets auto-suspended again).

Thank you

zapzack

Reaction score
Well the next time it suspends you then post here and an admin can obtain the logs of what caused the error. The logs don't always show exactly what caused it, because it just give the file name. So if there was an include in index.php and index.php set it off, then index.php is recorded in the logs.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
~Well the next time it suspends
I've sent another unsuspension request, I'll let you know if/when I run into problems again

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
Well the next time it suspends you then post here and an admin can obtain the logs of what caused the error.
My account has been suspended again, I would like to see the logs of what caused this error, thank you.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I have unsuspended you, but you have to wait for Bryon or someone for the logs.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
Derek - It seems the action you took to unsuspend my account was successful on July 8th around 1am. However, since the root of this problem has not been resolved, I find my account has been resuspended.

I have to wonder if this has something to do with the server move - that seems to be when all the problems started occurring.

Should I contact Bryon directly?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I've unsuspended your account.
Your account was never moved any where so the moves shouldn't have affected it.
Do you have any crons or any scripts you think would run for a while?

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
scripts, no; I don't know what a cron is. The only real reason I use x10 was to remotely load webpages - I can't do that directly through a Flash app, so getting page source data through x10 is the only option. I also later dabbled in storing some data in MySQl databases and retrieving it through PHP - neither action I thought should lead to excessive resource usage.

Cool, I was able to get into my account. I killed the crossdomain policy, so I think that should stop any use of the files on my account, so ideally if the account doesn't get banned over the next couple days, that'll at least be a place to start.

I looked through the error_log file, I have some PHP Warnings on July 7th at 3pm, June 20 and May 29 - these don't really match up with the June 15, July 7 & July 8th suspensions.

I looked through the monthly bandwidth transfer and have had 0% this month, so I'm guessing it's not a bandwidth problem. Total Disk usage is under 3MB, so it's not like something is writing files incessantly.

I also noticed that everything on my account stated I had zero MySQL databases, when I know I had at least one. Trying to access the databases gave me an error http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3872/dump08a.png http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2038/dump09a.png - do you know anything about that? Not really concerned if the data's lost since I kept a backup, just wondering why the databases aren't accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.