Update php version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddddddd7

Reaction score
How do i update my php version? Im running a woocommerce webstore and woocommerce requires php 5.6 or higher. Do you please support php 5.6 or higher and how do i upgrade?”

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
How do i update my php version?

at [ cPanel-x3 theme ] ( not x10hosting Basic) home page --> Software and Services --> Select PHP Version (pull down) - will list which PHP version you can set for your free-hosting account - on my free-hosting server [ xo3 ] is up to 7.0

ddddddd7

Reaction score
at [ cPanel-x3 theme ] ( not x10hosting Basic) home page --> Software and Services --> Select PHP Version (pull down) - will list which PHP version you can set for your free-hosting account - on my free-hosting server [ xo3 ] is up to 7.0

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it

bcarc

Reaction score
Does your cpanel show PHP version 7 or 5.x? I changed to PHP 7 in the Select PHP Version module a few days ago. If I go back to Select PHP Version it does show ver 7 current but cpanel is showing PHP 5.5.36 as current. I have a free account on x01 with cpanel theme x10x3.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Does your cpanel show PHP version 7 or 5.x?

cPanel is showing (recognizing) the version of PHP that cPanel itself is running on (parts of cPanel are written in PHP)
- Usually it is the same PHP version as the free-hosting accounts use - but the versions can get out of sync

lylex10h

Reaction score
You can create a file with the following code to display the version
PHP:
<?php
echo 'Current PHP version: ' . phpversion();
?>
and then go view the file in a browser. For example, mine displays: Current PHP version: 7.0.17

Status
Not open for further replies.