Update vs Publish and Back-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Anew-M

Reaction score
Hello All,

Two questions:

1. How can I (or is it possible) update a single page on my website without having to re-publish my entire site everytime? My site is not a blog but I know, with blogs its possible to update/change a blog post, leaving all other content untouched. Is this possible with a regular website? If so, HOWWWW????

I ask because I may have to make a few little changes/updates on 2 or 3 pages and have a bit of a fear something going wrong (previous database errors and such) and would much rather deal with having problems with one page instead of my entire site.

2. How can to do a COMPLETE (framework, template, images, content) back-up of my site? The built in backup only (to my knowledge) backs up template & template images, that I would require to re-build the site. The goal is not to rebuild if I lose something, I want to have a available in full, already built back-up of it. The easier the better of course

Fyi- If it makes any difference, my site was built using RVSitebuilder. It's my first complete site so I have nothing else to compare this process to. Any other newb builder suggestions? Keep using RVSitebuilder?
:confused:
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.