Updates pages still not appearing on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
I uploaded replacement pages for my site www.prime.net.nz a few days ago, and checking via ftp I can see the new pages are indeed in the site's public_ html and www folder, and the old pages are gone, but it looks like an old copy of these pages is somehow still being served .

I have cleared by browser cache many times and tried loading from another browser, to no avail.

When I re download the pages via ftp from the site's public_ html folder and view them off-line, they are fine.
I can see only one copy of my site on the server

What could be happening here?
How do I get what is in the public_ html/www folder to be what is served?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Give us a URL. Explain what the new page is supposed to look like and what you see.

2. To be honest, it is probably your ISP caching the pages. x10hosting does not cache pages.

3. Try getting yoursite.com/foo.html?bar ... ie add ?bar to the end of the URL. That usually bypasses caching.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi - thanks very much for your reply

I tried that ?bar trick, but no change for me.

my site url is www.prime.net.nz

the most readily noticeable difference in landing page is that it is showing only 7 navigation links across the screen (in green), but there should be 8 - the updated version added a link to an "articles" page.

What appears for you?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please check your index.htm page again. When I visit the other pages, the articles link shows up, but not in the index page.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Very odd - for me, despite re checking , clearing cache yet again, doing the ?blah trick etc all still comes up as original rather than updated, but now with the exception of one of the "references" link, which is now updated - but if others work for you, I suppose this must be some sort of local ISP caching issue that does not respond to the ?blah trick...?

edit: a couple of hours later now all but one pages are appearing in their updated form, once the ?blah trick used - so problem resolving - thanks guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.