Updates

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're currently still performing maintenance and moving accounts. For a quick estimate, I'd probably say another week before I open signups again.

A note on all the suspensions. It was decided the best course of action was to turn on the auto suspension script even though it's not 100% complete and accurate. We apologize if you are suspended wrongly. We will work to unsuspend you as soon as we can. Doing this will cut two weeks off the server maintenance.

Taking your suggestions in the new version of the inactivity script you will be suspended instead of terminated, and you will also receive an E-mail with a link to automatically unsuspend you.

-Corey

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
back up to the top, someone brought back a thread from september, well thanks corey, hope the script works out, if it starts banning people over and over then you may have to take it off for a bit...

nice important thread, answers alot of peoples questions of when hosting applications will be accepted again :coolugh:

Last edited:

bigarte

Reaction score
So what is the situation regarding peeps. who have had their accounts wrongly and incorrectly "Terminated" instead of just "Suspended".

What is planned to help them out?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
none have been terminated instead of suspended, if you havnt logged into cpanel for 2 weeks then your account is automatically terminated

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That is better to be suspended than terminated. I hope evrything goes back in order. Keep up with the good work!

bigarte

Reaction score
darkd45 said:
none have been terminated instead of suspended, if you havnt logged into cpanel for 2 weeks then your account is automatically terminated

Thanks darkd45 for your quick response. I have been attempting to get an answer to this question.

I am in the Military and am away for periods of time. This CPanel login rule was brought in whilst I was away with the Army and unable to access a PC. I have been the victim of an arbitrary rule and its application and have lost a site I spent quite some time on. Why was no longer period of notice given about the CPanel login rule? Can I get my account and site back? I am not at fault over this yet I have been punished.

Any further clarification or explanation is greatly appreciated.

Cheers: Bigarte.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
well its the 2 week rule thing, and now that he has asked for help terminating, i have been terminating the accounts from early october that people have not claimed again (as corey said in the temp thread) and i've been doing it all night...

anyways, its plenty of a warning and if he left all the suspended accounts there would be no point...

bigarte

Reaction score
darkd45 said:
well its the 2 week rule thing, and now that he has asked for help terminating, i have been terminating the accounts from early october that people have not claimed again (as corey said in the temp thread) and i've been doing it all night...

anyways, its plenty of a warning and if he left all the suspended accounts there would be no point...

So you are saying, in effect; sorry, thanks for doing your duty and defending the nation, but bad luck; there is nothing more X10 Hosting can or will do to satisfactorily resolve this problem.

I guess that I will have to put this down to a bad experience and get on with things.

Bigarte.

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
@bigarte, termination i would imagine means deletion. theres nothing that they can do to bring it back, its gone.

seeing as your username begins with 'b' i imagine it would have been one of the first to go. im sorry youve lost it. with the next one, make sure you keep a backup copy on your pc.

suggestion for staff - why not move all terminated accounts to a seperate archive drive. then keep them there for a period of or 6 months. then if someone comes back needing there files they can get them back. what do you think?

bigarte

Reaction score
theblazingangel said:
@bigarte, termination i would imagine means deletion. theres nothing that they can do to bring it back, its gone.

seeing as your username begins with 'b' i imagine it would have been one of the first to go. im sorry youve lost it. with the next one, make sure you keep a backup copy on your pc.

suggestion for staff - why not move all terminated accounts to a seperate archive drive. then keep them there for a period of or 6 months. then if someone comes back needing there files they can get them back. what do you think?

That sounds like a eminently sensible suggestion, theblazingangel. If that had been the Policy from the get-go, then peeps. like me would not be in this position.

Regards: Bigarte.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
theblazingangel said:
This won't happen we can't have the files just sitting there.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
theblazingangel said:

About the deletition order, it has no order. And it would be too hard to move suspended accounts that way. Each person has to take care of his/her account. Sorry.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
placing them in another drive - like moving them would also slow down the server a bit, and you dont want that happening all the time

dharmil

Reaction score
Re: you the best

always making this a better host

you the best man

sgtbenc

Reaction score
Bigarte, now that you know about the 2 weeks deletion you could just do what some people suggested and give your password to someone you trust to log in often while you're away.

theblazingangel

Prime Account
Reaction score
the 1 week estimate has gone by now, any clearer on how much longer it'll be until signups are back on?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Not until the servers are 100% stable again. We're down to about 700 accounts out of 4,000. These are being moved still.

-Corey