Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't yet read my news post from Sunday please do so here:
https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/news.196269/

I wanted to make a quick mid-week update post with some more information on things that are changing.

We launched a new status site, we're still working on automating the updates by tying it into some of our monitoring systems. This will most likely take a few weeks to complete. You will be able to easily see if any services are having an issue along with upcoming maintenance information. You can also subscribe to email updates when we make changes. The new site is at the same location as the old one, https://status.x10hosting.com

I'm hoping we'll have the final changes implemented to start opening up to more countries by the end of this week. Another post will be made with more info on this in the next few days.

We've decided to allow all free hosting users access to our backups. In the next couple of days a new icon will appear in your cPanel that will give you access to our backup system so you can restore your own files from our archives. Another post will be made when this is put live along with a guide on how to use it at our new self help center: https://x10hosting.com/support

We're also going to test disabling specific mod security rules on free hosting accounts by request. If your site has an issue with mod security (403 errors) please open a thread in the free hosting forum for review. As long as your site is not an obvious security risk and you're not running a script that is 5 years old we will exempt your site from the rules that are triggering the blocks. The most common rules that are hit are the ones that stop spam, this means if we disable these spam rules we will expect you to keep up with your moderation and to not let your forum or blog get overrun by spam bots.

There are a lot of changes in progress that I hope will improve the overall experience for all of our users. Please bare with us if any bugs\issues crop up, we are doing our best to test everything as much as possible before putting it live, however our testing is sometimes no match for thousands of you. :)

If you run into any issues please post in free hosting or feedback section of the forums, we are actively monitoring them and taking all feedback to incorporate into our updates.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This sounds so awesome. This will most definitely improve the user experience.
One thing I had in mind is to add the status site link to the forums page so that it's easy to spot. That way, there would be less repetitive threads about the same exact issue and people would be aware that the issue was identified.

bmccoy11

Reaction score
Looks awesome, but the forum is harder to read than with the old theme on my 1600x900 display...

All I want is a way to completely disable Varnish and a more modern cPanel theme (a paper lantern based theme would be awesome).

Edit: 10MB file limit?... That's really, really tiny. Oh well, you got me to upgrade to a Prime account...

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, but the forum is harder to read than with the old theme on my 1600x900 display...

All I want is a way to completely disable Varnish and a more modern cPanel theme (a paper lantern based theme would be awesome).

Edit: 10MB file limit?... That's really, really tiny. Oh well, you got me to upgrade to a Prime account...

Thanks for upgrading, and the feedback.

What is harder to read about it? Is the text too small?

What issues are you having with Varnish? You should be able to disable caching via htaccess rules. Paper lantern may become an option shortly, we're upgrading cPanel on free hosting this evening but will have to do some testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.