Updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing the last part of the updates now. I hope to be finished this evening.

Everyone has to remember we have multiple free servers and thousands of accounts (over 15K). When we upgrade software we have to be VERY careful, it's not easy to fix things if we make a mistake with an upgrade that effects say 4,000 accounts at once.

The only people that should see anything negative from this upgrade are the ones that shouldn't be hosting sites with us.

-Corey

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I've noticed a small visual bug with cPanel's File Manager in the Code Edit screen, caused by using the tab key.

I'm on stoli and using Firefox 3 if that matters.

Link to screenshot (NOTE: this screenshot is big, which is why I didn't include it here with an img tag).

Funky Monkey

Reaction score
I think you guys should stop using your cpanels and ftps until the upgrades are finished. That way, the bugs won't be there. :D If they are then the admins will fix them after the updates. Less hassle to fix AND update at the same time.

Leo Wyatt

Reaction score
I have not noticed that, but on another note, I've noticed that Apache HTTP has been down on lotus10 for the past 15 minutes... Any new issues arising?
Edit:
I think you guys should stop using your cpanels and ftps until the upgrades are finished. That way, the bugs won't be there. :D If they are then the admins will fix them after the updates. Less hassle to fix AND update at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm merely being informative. I guess I'm just curious when I ask about any issues arising.

Anyhow.. good luck with updates Admins!

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Apache may be up and down because we are specifically targeting Apache \ PHP for updates now. The cPanel upgrade was completed last night.

We classify negative as sites that are solely created for hosting Warez, File Hosting Sites, and Phishing sites ;).

Leo Wyatt

Reaction score
Apache may be up and down because we are specifically targeting Apache \ PHP for updates now. The cPanel upgrade was completed last night.

We classify negative as sites that are solely created for hosting Warez, File Hosting Sites, and Phishing sites ;).

Ahh gotcha, juat making sure that I wasn't doing something that I wasn't supposed to be doing. Cool! Just out of curiosity, are you introducing new features to php or is it just fixes to make the code more secure?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe he stated somewhere that he's adding more functions to the PHP plans.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're adding a few more commonly used features of PHP that we were missing. We're also making PHPv1 more useable instead of being totally locked down, along with easing up on somethings in PHPv2.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Update!

We successfully recompiled Apache on Lotus. Absolut, Cossacks, and Stoli are still having issues. It is a problem with cPanel though, and we are working with them and our datacenter to resolve it. The problem is any changes we make we have to do another recompile to see if it fixed the problem or gives a new error. A recompile currently takes between 2-3 hours.

After we get all the servers recompiled we will be putting in the new PHP stuff. I'm REALLY hoping we will have it resolved by tonight with the help of cPanel and SoftLayer.

-Corey

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
yay! Thanks Corey, Brandon, and all of you who are working on this to get it all sorted out as soon as possible :)

out of curiosity, is everyone on the same PHP configuration until the PHP upgrades take place? Was just wondering since exec() and the like seem to be disabled even though I'm on v3

Xero852

Reaction score
Yea, Cossacks Apache is still showing as down, everything else is up for me though, so hopefully you can get that issue sorted...

similitux

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I'm new to x10hosting, and it's my first post.

I noticed that when Apache came back up on Cossacks server today, the gettext functions were disabled, even if they worked before. It may be due to server updates... (I have a free hosting plan with user 'jbell' and php 'intermediate')

Bye and thanks for hosting !

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Latest update:

Greetings,

Cpanel has esclated this to the second level support that they have, Our last email from them was from 15 minutes ago stating that it's now at the level 2 engineers and they're looking into it. We will let you know once they have updated us.

Thanks,

Bill Sehmel
SoftLayer CSA

Once we resolve these issues we will be rebuilding PHP with the correct functions installed.

-Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's funny how it's always cPanel acting dumb and screwing everything up. Why is that anyways?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Latest update from our datacenter.
Greetings,

cPanel is still looking into the issue, They have tried a few builds, that still had the same issue. They also stated that the time it takes to recompile is over an hour from start to finish, due to the amount of domains hosted on this system. They have flagged the ticket as EMERGENCY status so it is getting top priority from the cPanel Senior Engineers.

andy239

Reaction score
Any Idea How Much Longer Apache HTTP Will Be Down I Dont Mean To Be Pushy But Would Just Like To Know Thanx Staff For Every Thing You Guys Do and This Is A Great Host

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We have no idea.
This is in the hands of cPanel right now and until they find a fix it'll be down.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.