Upgrade PHP not avalible

Status
Not open for further replies.

gegaming

Reaction score
Account URL - gegaming.x10hosting.com

I understand the PHP Upggrade requirement, but from what I have read so far, the basic PHP that comes with the install SHOULD work with SMF. However, Fantastico did not install all of SMF. The administration area is missing, along with several others. Furthermore, a simple browse to

gegaming.x10hosting.com/forums/index.php

resulted in a 404 even though the file is present

I decided to take a chance and presume that I DID in fact need to request an upgrade of PHP, however when I went to the account panel and requested an upgrade, the link pointed me to information that stated:

This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2. If you are not sure what that means, don't worry about it.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

EDIT: I attempted a PHPbb Installation, and all of the files are there, but still getting the 404. So it would appear that Fantastico has a broken SMF Distribution, but that still doesn't solve my bigger 404 problem.

EDIT 2: It would appear that it IS a PHP issue, as I installed Joomla as a test in the Root of my Public_Html directory, and a browse to the index resulted in the Cpanel Success Page, so PHP is not enabled for some reason.... although.. I wonder...Nope.. I can't change MIME types, so can't add .php files to the Default Doc

EDIT 3: I'm just full of edits tonight.. anyway, a browse to http://gegaming.x10hosting.com/index.php gives me a 403 error. So I'm leaning more and more towards it being a PHP or Permissions issue. Going to open a ticket

Last edited:

gegaming

Reaction score
Yea, I had read that but according to that thread, a stock SMF or Joomla or PHPbb Install should work fine. In my case it is not, which kinda puzzles me..

Elesarr

Reaction score
Yea, I had read that but according to that thread, a stock SMF or Joomla or PHPbb Install should work fine. In my case it is not, which kinda puzzles me..

As a user of SMF for many years, did you make sure to go in and set the folders with the proper permissions? Same would apply to phpBB installation as well. This could easily result in a 403 error (indicating permissions have been set incorrectly)

Personally, I have never liked Fantastico as an installation method - it never seems to install sofware packages correctly, at least that is my experience with several other hosting solutions (including paid hosting).

I am currently running SMF 1.1.9 on my free site through x10 and had no problems installing though the folder permissions do need to be set properly.

Just my 2 cents on what your issue migh be ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.