Uploading MySQL Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

themcman1

Reaction score
Well basically, I was wondering how I go about uploading MySQL databases to my website. I've tried it through phpmyadmin several times, all with several errors, I have the databases with the same names, which throws an error and I've tried removing the create database part, which throws an error.

I have two databases I want to upload at the moment, but does this have to be done manually by an Admin every time I want to reupload, say if I export the databases, then edit them offline while I install something on phpBB, for instance?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly how you've attempted to do this, but you didn't mention a few things. First of all, are you trying to restore an SQL dump of one database, or multiple ones? I'm not sure exactly how to restore multiple databases in one go; but to restore a backup via phpMyAdmin, you must first create the database in cPanel's MySQL Database section, then go into phpMyAdmin and locate the database you've made. Next, click the import tab at the top of the screen, and restore it how you normally would.

If this wasn't what you're after I apologise, but could you please explain things in a little more detail?

-Luke.

themcman1

Reaction score
There is multiple databases in the .sql file, I'll try just one tomorrow. It has an identical name to the ones I have on my account at the moment. The database has been created in cPanel, but in phpMyAdmin I just hit the first Import button on the main screen. I will have another go when I get new dumps from my other computer, it was more of a test today.

Cheers,
Tom.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I think that will work better :). I've had problems importing multiple databases at once with phpMyAdmin and generally find it better practice using separate *.sql files for each one. Please do post back when you've tried it again, so we can help you further or close this thread.

-Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.