Urgent Help Needed: My Disappearing Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Hi, I have a free account on x10Hosting under the cPanel name zacwal. I have used my eNom domain with an IP redirect to the x10Hosting IP address, with my cPanel DNS set to my domain. As you have said that all sites should be working, something's up with mine. I have changed my IP redirect to that of the new server and, after using ipconfig /flushdns and a proxy (PCRiot) to test it, all that appears at my site is an Apache directory listing, only containing a cgi-bin. All pages linking to my site give a 404 error.

Help!

--
Sincerely,
Zachary Waldowski
-------------------------------
Webmaster
Dizzy Technology and Gaming
A new revolution in gamer talk.
Are you spinning yet?

Cynical

Reaction score
It's here, don't worry. You can't access it because apparently something still isn't working.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Not working... like what?

EDIT: I put in a sustained server application... might that have to do anything with it?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Change the IP redirect to 66.232.109.231 for now.

-Corey

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I already have. :-/ It still does the directory listing, in about three different proxies and on my PC w/ ipconfig /flushdns.

nol888

Reaction score
Maybe some part of the httpd.conf file isn't working? Last time ppl were getting 404's left and right and that was the problem

Just trying to be helpful ^_^

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
I can't log in to cPanel, either. Going to http://www.dizzytechnology.com/cpanel or :2082 and logging in with my correct cPanel username and password doesn't let me log in... Login Attempt Failed!

My site is now back up: I can't log in to cPanel, but after an ipconfig /flushdns, and a cache clearing, it shows Joomla, closed, with the message:

Dizzy Technology and Gaming
This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator

It's mostly fixed... but how do I get into cPanel?! I'm almost there!

...and yes, MySQL is up, but all of my SQL pages are recieving connection errors.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that was a mess. I think it should be fixed now. Let me know if anything is missing. For your blog you'll need to re-add the user to the database in the MySQL section of cPanel.

-Corey

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Okay, sounds good, and I'm really glad it's back up now, but I still can't get into cPanel. I've even tried resetting my password, but I'm not getting any kind of email. Still Login Attempt Failed!

Nothing else seems to be missing...

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Would you like me to reset your account's password to see if that is the problem?

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Yeah, it might be worth a try. It's not sending me an email to my account that I set in cPanel, so I guess that's all that's left... I also know it can't send email well because I screwed up my mail accounts early when I got my account... probably the reason I got Google Apps for My Domain.

I can't fix anything until I get back into cPanel though, so help is very appreciated.

lambada

Reaction score
Thread Locked at users request.

Thanks for using x10 s your host, if you have any other queries please create a new thread :)

:lockd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.