*Urgent*! PHP mail() not working for yahoo or aol, but Gmail works Great!

trickmaster

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is probably my first time asking a question on forums even though I would like a answer from x10hosting's staff, but they dont seem to have a personal submit a ticket support centre :(

So i have to ask here....I am using Intermediate PHP level, and I can use the mail() function. But! I can only send emails one at a time to yahoo and aol, and I need to send not sepearte emails but all-together for my php newsletter.

So here is a quote from a helpful person at Flashkit.com Forums

from the mail received:

Received: (qmail invoked by alias); 05 Oct 2008 06:30:24 -0000
Received: from cossacks.x10hosting (EHLO cossacks.x10hosting.com) [74.86.116.190]
by mx0.gmx.net (mx043) with SMTP; 05 Oct 2008 08:30:24 +0200
Received: from rk by cossacks.x10hosting.com with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <rk@cossacks.x10hosting.com>)
id 1KmN8I-0000xp-OS
for *-----------* ; Sun, 05 Oct 2008 02:29:59 -0400
To: *---------------*
Subject: Confirm Registration for a Rohobot Kids Account
Message-Id: <E1KmN8I-0000xp-OS@cossacks.x10hosting.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 02:29:59 -0400

While your visible sender address is noreply@rohobotkids.com, the envelope sender is rk@cossacks.x10hosting.com. Now, that server does neither accept mail, nor publish an MX record (send mail destined for me to <server address>), so this means one cannot send mail to that alleged sender. Some recipient servers simply refuse to accept mail in that case - somewhat rightful: once a server accepts mail, it takes responsibility for delivery to the destination or getting a non-delivery report back. Now, the route for the NDR is barred.

Some php installations accept a 5th parameter to mail that could be used to set the envelope sender to an existing account that is able to accept mail.
Others might allow configuration through htaccess files.
Your hosting company should know that.

As you see this is a hosting company's issue and I would love a solution for this, either it be how to write the 5th paramater, or some how enabling the email to recieve emails since the cossacks@x10hosting.com does not recieve email yahoo and aol dont accept mail at all.

But I did a test run with php, and the mails were recieved seperately but never have been together.

Oh and one more note, gmail is the BEST! It has recieved every single email I have sent and ON TIME instantly! But yahoo and aol take either from 4 mins. to 26 hours and if not sometimes i never get the email!

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Moved to level two support
About the ticket center, this is it. Only staff can reply to your posts in here.