Urgent - suspension issue (admin, please READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantalassa

Reaction score
Today I was surprised when I realize that my account was suspended. So I was wondering what was the reason, and this was the reason given:

You must login to the x10 Forums once every two weeks to keep your account active. :lockd:

There's something wrong here. Since I was making logins each day on my CPanel on X10Hosting (and I am positive about this, my last login was yesterday), this wasn't expected to happened.

I didn't log into the boards in the past two weeks, that is correct, but one of the moderators (or admins) have said that, you need to login each two weeks on the boards or login into your Cpanel (either one, not both), the place where you make the adjusts on your website.

It's up to you to decide if an inactivity limit is good or not, I am not arguing against this, but let's think about email accounts for example. Most of them, when not used, if the inactivity limit is too short, the users can loose their accounts if they don't log for a few days, and then we will have a lot of confusion. Imagine if we lost our phone numbers in the same scale, it will be a disaster.

I think, on the other hand, that should have to be an inactivity limit for every kind of service. Period. I will say even more: privacy should be more respected these days, and we should have the right to close our accounts and erase all data related to them anytime we want it. Unfortunately, there are those who not respect the right of others and don't care about privacy.

And if we are not using them, release and let others use it. I just don't think that two weeks are a good idea.

But even if was something necessary, let's think again about the email account. If you're not making login on their website or even by using your email software (Outlook Express), that means you're not really using your account. But if you do that every single day, why you need to visit their support boards in order to make your account alive?

That's it. I was surprised about the reason itself, since it was said on this board that we just need to make logins on the CPanel, not the boards. Either one of them, should be enough, according to what was said here.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Who said that? Did an admin say that it was okay? Short of an administrator telling you that you are allowed to deviate from the TOS you should not do so.

It clearly states in our TOS that you must visit the forums at least once every two weeks. http://x10hosting.com/termsofservice

You agreed to the TOS when you signed up.

This has been brought up many times and is not negotiable. You must visit once every two weeks.

-Corey

Pantalassa

Reaction score
Corey,
thanks for stopping by. :)

You said that on one thread, 2 years ago. Sorry to hear that this was changed. I was not arguing against the two week period, only the obligation for log into this forum/board (that I completely forgot, since I was looking into the resources of my website), and not considering that we already have made logins into the Cpanel.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-a...week-inactivity-timer-affect-immediately.html

Another thread discussing this same announce:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/10294-new-inactivity-timer.html

Look what you said at that time:

We have a two week inactivity timer going into affect immediately. Please make sure you login to your cPanel ATLEAST once every two weeks.

This is going to help clean up the servers and make sure we're only hosting active people. If you plan to go away please leave your login info with someone you trust, there is no way at this time for us to excuse certain users from this.

-Corey

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Hi there.

As you had stated, the posts you mention above are from over 2 years ago. This has changed, and I believe has been mentioned a few times recently. ( In quite a few suspended threads, I am pretty sure )

The new rule is that you are to login to your forum account at least once every two weeks. Thats all. There is no posting requirement, just that we ask you to login here.

Kurozzakki

Reaction score
I don't see some problem here! I'm New and I agree with the rules.

Maybe your personal data is important and I think you should take care of your data with backups, is a recommendation.

^^

ghostt

Reaction score
i use my account almost every day, and now i'm suspended :( it sucks

nunoabc

Reaction score
Lets stop for a bit, okay?

In the TOS is:
7. Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 10 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://forums.x10hosting.com at least ONCE every TWO WEEKS. Accounts must also have a working website within one week of account creation. If you don't use your webspace we will give it to someone who will.

BUT in your post, Two week inactivity timer in affect immediately, you say:
We have a two week inactivity timer going into affect immediately. Please make sure you login to your cPanel ATLEAST once every two weeks.

This is going to help clean up the servers and make sure we're only hosting active people. If you plan to go away please leave your login info with someone you trust, there is no way at this time for us to excuse certain users from this.

-Corey

Personally (and happily), I do both of them, but which one should I do? (Just not to have all that work ;))
Should I go for the TOS or for Corey?

Thanks for everyone that replys to my post,
Nuno Cunha​

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
The T.O.S. is correct.
If you look at that post timestamp, it was made over 2 years ago. The rules and the site has changed quite a bit in that amount of time.

This matter has been resolved. You must login to the forums once every two weeks. This is part of our T.O.S. and the x10 Commandments ( found here : http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/20551-x10-commandments.html ) Please refer to #4.
The time stamp on that was 10-17-2006, which then takes the place of the posts made in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.