Urgent!! Website down-but cpanel working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade852

Reaction score
I am aware that there is migration going on to do with hosting with stoli and starka, but on the staus page it says they are 100% complete, i can log into the cpanel fine, but when i try going on my webiste www.cambridgeshirelandscapes.co.uk this error appears: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

i have flushed out the dns and cleared all cache files but still no website. My email accounts on outlook work now which didnt used to but just no website...

:dunno:

could someone please let me know if it is still the migration progress or if it is something i have to do on my end.

many thanks,

Jade :happysad:

csc2ya

Reaction score
All mysql server addresses on the free servers have changed to localhost.

Somewhere in one of the configuration files for your site, there will be a line with the details needed to connect to the mysql server.

The address in this file needs changing to localhost.

jade852

Reaction score
hi,

thanks for reply as im new to websites could you pleae explain where this file is found, is it in my c panel under file manager? and which config file is it in?

thanks so much for your help

jade
:drool:

halohub2

Reaction score
Usually in a file called config.php and if you have a directory aller inc or includes it will be in there

jade852

Reaction score
hi,

thanks i have found that file and come across these lines:

var $dbtype = 'mysql';
var $host = 'mysql-starka.x10hosting.com';

Is it the second line that needs changing within the quotes to 'localhost'?

many thanks,
jade

:drool:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes...

Exactly. it should look like this

var $dbtype = 'mysql';
var $host = 'localhost';

Last edited:

jade852

Reaction score
hi,

i did that in the c panel file manager by editing code, but it says a fatal error occured and brings this up:

open configuration.php failed: Permission denied at cpanel line 4946
Carp::croak('open configuration.php failed: Permission denied') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 1101
Cpanel::Fileman::fmsavefile('%2fhome%2fjade852%2fpublic_html', 'configuration.php', '<?php^M^Jclass JConfig {^M^J^Ivar $offline = \'0\';^M^J^Ivar $editor = \...', 1, 1) called at cpanel line 4946
main::__ANON__('%2fhome%2fjade852%2fpublic_html', 'configuration.php', '<?php^M^Jclass JConfig {^M^J^Ivar $offline = \'0\';^M^J^Ivar $editor = \...', 1, 1) called at cpanel line 1062
eval {...} called at cpanel line 1062
main::real_exectag('<cpanel Fileman="fmsavefile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'},$FORM...') called at cpanel line 3982
main::dotag_finished_headers('<cpanel Fileman="fmsavefile($FORM{\'dir\'},$FORM{\'file\'},$FORM...', 0) called at cpanel line 3865
main::cpanel_parseblock('<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"^J^I...') called at cpanel line 3811
main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x12f64030)') called at cpanel line 5289
main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 383

when i go into the config file the sql line is as it was before no change was made...

hope you can help,

thanks,

jade
:happysad:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Download it... Change the host to localhost then upload it again..

jade852

Reaction score
my ftp will not connect now...it did hour ago but now it wont. error saying:
Unable to make a connection. Please try again.

also i did do what you said already when my ftp did work i downloaded the file changed it but when i tried to upload it again it said it was unable to and permission denied. Downloading was fine but uploading did not work.

really worried that my site not working still as i really need it for my business....is this a problem that will be fixed soon?? :dunno:

many thanks,

jade

Status
Not open for further replies.