Urgent!

rich_boyz16

Reaction score
Hi my site http://wilkinson.x10.mx is down, when I go to it it has the following problem.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

It was working fine before this happened, and help would be muchly appricated.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Please can anyone help!!!

fflandrath53

Reaction score
Hey rich_boyz16,
I was redirected to http://hosting.x10hosting.com/ and received the following:

Website Specified Does Not Exist
When it comes to free web site hosting, x10Hosting is an industry leader. The features offered in our packages are unparalleled compared to our competition.
The domain you have requested is currently not in use under an x10Hosting web hosting account.

Do you want this domain? Register today.​

Looks like you have a registration problem. Can you login to cpannel ok?
Best Floyd...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
He typo'd, according to backend system it's wilkinson.x10.mx.x10.mx. In any case, I see some problems in the configuration file for SMF:

1) No db password. The database user -has- to have a password at least 5 letters long to be able to create it in cpanel, so the fact that there's no password defined for SMF to actually use to connect is a problem. Fixing this should be easy, just add whatever you chose as a password for that user to the config, and it should connect again.

Less obvious is the next problem though, which won't show up until problem 1 is fixed.

2) The page address is incorrect in SMF. You have it as wilkinson.x10.mx in the config, which isn't entirely correct as the main domain currently set on your account is actually wilkinson.x10.mx.x10.mx, so any posts or links that end up on your board will link to nowhere. There's two ways to fix this - either change the domain in the config, or put in a Main Domain change request through your account panel, and change it to wilkinson.x10.mx. My guess as to the cause of this is you chose "x10.mx" in the dropdown box, but then put wilkinson.x10.mx in the box as the domain. So, it gave you wilkinson.x10.mx.x10.mx - what you chose, plus the value of the dropdown box.

Last edited: