url help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezz23

Reaction score
My site keeps on displaying http://www.sparktut.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi as the url? Do I need to point A (host) to somewhere?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll need to place ns1.x10hosting.com as primary nameserver and then ns2.x10hosting.com as the secondary nameserver.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I find regarding your domain on a lookup:
Domain servers in listed order:
NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS1.X10HOSTING.COM

Proper configuration would be having ONLY NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

wezz23

Reaction score
I have set my domain to those 2 nameservers only. should i point my domain to somewhere?
Because it comes up with nothing.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I see the domain as using only:
Domain servers in listed order:
NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Which is not the ones I asked you to use. I asked you to set it to have: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

You can get it to work with their name servers as well, but then you need to set an A record pointing to your server (69.175.120.122), for main domain and all sub domains you want to use, the sub domains also would need to be created at your registrar with that option, creating them in cPanel will not be enough in that case.

wezz23

Reaction score
Now I see the domain as using only:

Which is not the ones I asked you to use. I asked you to set it to have: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM

You can get it to work with their name servers as well, but then you need to set an A record pointing to your server (69.175.120.122), for main domain and all sub domains you want to use, the sub domains also would need to be created at your registrar with that option, creating them in cPanel will not be enough in that case.

Yes I did, It might not have updated on godaddy yet.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, all you need to do is wait for them to get it updated.
DNS propagation can take anywhere between a few hours to 72 hours to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.