Usage Suspension while using phpmyadmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
It's normal to receive suspensions even using the control panel that you provide?

I was making a backup of my database and bang! suspended and my database is not even heavy o_o

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Something's decently sized with the database near as I can tell, it went to 120% cpu for a while which is a TON of cpu (1 full core, 20% of another or so).

Either the database is big, or phpmyadmin had a mini-heart attack. I'm gunna guess a combination of the two.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
Hmmm i think it was one of my tables i didnt notice is 3 mb... but i still believe 3 mb is too little to make the cpu go 120% o__o

Is there a way to avoid this? Is it because I compress the output?

---

I ask because even if in the future I find a way to upgrade to prime it wont make any difference >_<

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
How many records are there in the one that's 3mb? Cause about all I can think of is to break it up; does phpmyadmin have a way to specify what records to back up? Like "all between 1 and 10,000" so it doesn't run as long?

I haven't actually used phpmyadmin in a whiiile, not sure if it has that.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
it has 39k rows :) lol not a table i really need to backup but, thinking in the future my mesage board might get thousands of posts too...

and yes there a similar option and says "Maximal length of created query [ ]" and i'll have to test it.

So the problem is the number of records, the size or both?

Thanks for all replies!

wish every site had a CPU usage limit not making it go past that % but i guess thats not going to happen :p

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it has to do with the number of records, and the size of the data contained within said records. If it's a topic table, obviously a topic with 1-sentence posts will take up less than ones where everyone's debating the merits of their favorite games or tv shows :p

The upshot is you might be able to limit the number of records being saved into a single backup, which would make it run for less time and thus not cause an HRU issue. The drawback is you would then end up with a 5 part backup to restore from, instead of one nice neatly packaged one. But it should work at least :)

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
yea well I guess i'll have to do it that way in the future... for now works fine if i dont backup that table but, I got suspended too fast, it was like 1 2 boom suspended :p guess 120% was too much above the limit lol, you should give us a little bit more time hehe is too tight :p i'm trying the best i can to avoid these problems

Thanks alot again!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the irony, it's at 30 seconds and it was running for most of that it looks like >_<

The upshot is high resource is NOT a permanent suspension,e ven if you get to "warning 3 of 3" - all that happens there is we have to unsuspend it for you, and the warnings do expire after a short period so it won't count against you 4 months from now :)

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
Yes, I know i'm not getting a permanent suspension and I hope not getting one i'm trying my best to stick to the rules ^^... but seriously it was an instant suspension, happened when i was already downloading the compressed sql file but the it didnt download completely, unless my site is using already too much CPU thing I doubt because my community is small and the average users online is not a great number :p

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If memory serves, phpmyadmin actually serves you the file as it creates it, like streaming a video. So the entire time it was downloading it was actually in the process of causing an HRU.

And no, your site isn't cpu intensive - in the suspension logs which showed every active process you had, I'm pretty sure I saw one other command, and it was only visible in 1 interval recorded, so that process ran for less than 1 second. The community itself is fine :)

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
Oh... now i get it .___. ... maybe i'll have to backup each table in the future xD

Is Great to know the site is doing fine for now!

Many Thanks for all the support provided!

Status
Not open for further replies.