Use of Disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

here4m95

Reaction score
my website is for mobile downloads where users can share there wallpapers, songs, ringtones, games, software which they like.
there would me many uploads so i would not be able to keep a watch on every file that gets uploaded. So i was planning to use a disclaimer that user has to agree before uploading a file. users can also report contents if they find any content is inappropriate, and i would delete reported content within 12 hours.
i hope that i am abiding by the rules of x10, if not then please inform me what should i do?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
From the free hosting TOS that you agreed to:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.
1. Server Usage

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed ONE account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.
* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.
So, no. You are not allowed to have a file hosting site here. The use of disclaimers also still don't excuse you from any file uploaded illegally that is copyrighted. If you put up a file hosting site and/or illegally host copyrighted materials, then your account will be permanently suspended.

Last edited:

here4m95

Reaction score
From the free hosting TOS that you agreed to:

So, no. You are not allowed to have a file hosting site here. The use of disclaimers also still don't excuse you from any file uploaded illegally that is copyrighted. If you put up a file hosting site and/or illegally host copyrighted materials, then your account will be permanently suspended.

thanks but previously when i asked for allowing user uploaded files, i was allowed to do so.:(

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

You need to have all content linked to a working website in some way. Also, you can't have copyrighted content on your account, so as long as you're making the content yourself, there shouldn't be any issues. Please note that games and photos are limited to 1GB of space.

That's the reply you were given before, it doesn't indicate that users would be allowed to upload files. It states "so as long as you're making the content yourself," which would mean not your users.

Also:

Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site.

That part's from the TOS, so you shouldn't be letting users upload files anyways.

I do apologize for any confusion resulting from the previous reply you were given in your other ticket, but it was correct as you did not state in your last ticket that you wanted your users to be able to upload the files. That would've changed the answer completely, as the previous ticket only indicated you wanted to host material, but nothing about anyone else uploading it.

Last edited:

here4m95

Reaction score
That's the reply you were given before, it doesn't indicate that users would be allowed to upload files. It states "so as long as you're making the content yourself," which would mean not your users.

Also:

That part's from the TOS, so you shouldn't be letting users upload files anyways.

I do apologize for any confusion resulting from the previous reply you were given in your other ticket, but it was correct as you did not state in your last ticket that you wanted your users to be able to upload the files. That would've changed the answer completely, as the previous ticket only indicated you wanted to host material, but nothing about anyone else uploading it.

oh sorry, but then what shall i do to allow users to upload files, please help..:frown:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
oh sorry, but then what shall i do to allow users to upload files, please help..:frown:

There is nothing that you can do about this. It's against TOS. You are not allowed to do this.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
From the Premium Hosting TOS:

3. Content Restrictions
x10Hosting does not allow the use of it's services for illegal activities. This includes hosting of copyrighted material, nulled scripts, or anything that is considered illegal under US law. A suspension leading up to termination will be imposed for a breach of these terms. While we strive to accommodate all types of sites our shared hosting may not be used for the following:

File or Image Hosting Sites
Proxies
Download scripts such as but not limited to Rapidleech and TorrentFlux
Backup Space \ File Storage
Mirrors for software or game files
Scripts that run continuously
Scripts that run unattended or could be considered daemons
IRC Bots
Anything that would be considered illegal under US law

Furthermore the end user is solely responsible for all files on their site including any uploaded from compromised or hacked scripts. It is the responsibility of the client to make sure the permissions on their files are set correctly and all scripts in use are up to date with the latest patches.

So, no. Paid x10hosting servers will not allow this either.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You would need a VPS if anything, to do what you are trying to do if I am not mistaken. With a VPS you get your own disk space allocated to you, as compared to having Unmetered storage. Best check over the ToS however.

Last edited:

here4m95

Reaction score
You would need a VPS if anything, to do what you are trying to do if I am not mistaken. With a VPS you get your own disk space allocated to you, as compared to having Unmetered storage. Best check over the ToS however.

i think you are getting me wrong...
i have no intention to host illegal files but, as some users may upload it....
and i promise i will delete all that illegal uploads as soon as i come to know about them..
and i am a newbie so i don't have too much fund too... please suggest me what should i do? :frown:

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You've been answered twice before and shown the relevant sections of TOS. This is relevant with and/or without illegal material. The TOS still says that you can't have a file hosting website/provide hosting for third-party content. Should you make it anyway and allow people to upload files to your account, then your account will be permanently suspended, and you'll lose everything in it.

The TOS clearly says no to what you want to do, and I've clearly pointed it out. There is no way to get around this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.