User Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a list of the usergroups, the difference between them, and how to join them. Please note, the group requirements will be re-evaluated as time goes on and it's possible if you don't meet the new requirements you could be demoted. These new groups will be applied at midnight tonight EST (-5 GMT), if you qualify to be in one of the new groups you will be automatically promoted to it.

New User
Automatically put in this group upon sign-up. You can not use the credit system or send PMs... you also get a captcha when posting.

This group has all normal forum permissions and access to credits, PMs, and no captcha.

Requirements
5 Posts

Forum Addict
This group lets people know you're serious about posting.

Perks
-Bold Username
-Double PM Box
-Gain credits 25% faster
-Extra line allowed in signature
-500 Credit Bonus

Requirements
300 Posts

Community Advocate
You're active enough to know answers to common questions and are able to help people.

Perks
-Bold Username
-Double PM Box
-Gain credits 50% faster
-Extra 2 lines allowed in signature
-1,000 Credit Bonus
-Super Secret Forum Access
-Escalate Ability
-View AIP
-DoubleAll Package

Requirements
750 Posts
+5 Rep

Community Paragon
You post and help people so much you most likely don't have a life outside of x10.

Perks
-Blue Username
-Bold Username
-Triple PM Box
-Gain credits 75% faster
-Extra 3 lines allowed in signature
-2,000 Credit Bonus
-Escalate Ability
-View AIP
-DoubleAll Package x2
-Custom Title (Set your own)
-Moderator Abilities

Requirements
2,500 Posts
+50 Rep

Community Leader
You enjoy helping people and posting so much you forgo sleeping and showering just to get another post in.

Perks
-Green Username
-Bold Username
-Triple PM Box
-Gain credits 100% faster
-Extra 4 lines allowed in signature
-4,000 Credit Bonus for making it to this group
-Escalate Ability
-View AIP
-DoubleAll Package x2
-Super Moderator Abilities
-Can go invisible
-Account on staff server (99.9% uptime, no restrictions)

Requirements
5,000 Posts
+150 Rep

Users will automatically be promoted into their new user group within an hour after attaining the requirements.

Escalate Ability = This allows you to escalate a support thread into a support ticket. This will copy all the thread information into a support ticket and close the thread. The user will also be notified that it was escalated with a link to the ticket.

AIP = Account Information Panel, this gives information about the poster's hosting account including if they're suspended, and why. This will assist in helping members who post questions.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks nice, however, I think the post count requirement to escalate tickets should be lowered.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's pretty generous of you Corey. Thank you for everything you do for us lowly users of X10hosting.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That's pretty generous of you Corey. Thank you for everything you do for us lowly users of X10hosting.

On behalf of Corey, you're welcome.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This sounds great! Hope that my account qualifies for something nice! I'll have to see tomorrow morning I guess. Kudos to Corey.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Quick question, do the old ranks stay until you've accomplished a new rank?

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
This sounds great! Hope that my account qualifies for something nice! I'll have to see tomorrow morning I guess. Kudos to Corey.

From Corey's outline, you'll be a 'Forum Addict' until you reach the proper reputation levels. That's the only thing holding you back at this time (unless you have a lot of rep =p).

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I thought that my rep was a bit low, as I didn't get repped too often except in the tech forum. None the less I'm fine with anything really. Can't ask for too much out of free :p

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I thought that my rep was a bit low, as I didn't get repped too often except in the tech forum. None the less I'm fine with anything really. Can't ask for too much out of free :p

This is true. Maybe with this new system people will start using the reputation system more correctly and you might get some more ;).

nexhunter

Reaction score
From Corey's outline, you'll be a 'Forum Addict' until you reach the proper reputation levels. That's the only thing holding you back at this time (unless you have a lot of rep =p).

You'll probably see smith winding up in new hampshire slaving over a hot stove for corey just for rep

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Community Leader
You enjoy helping people and posting so much you forgo sleeping and showering just to get another post in.

Perks
-Green Username
-Bold Username
-Triple PM Box
-Gain credits 100% faster
-Extra 4 lines allowed in signature
-4,000 Credit Bonus for making it to this group
-Escalate Ability
-View AIP
-DoubleAll Package x2
-Super Moderator Abilities
-Can go invisible
-Account on staff server (99.9% uptime, no restrictions)

Requirements
5,000 Posts
+150 Rep

AIP = Account Information Panel, this gives information about the poster's hosting account including if they're suspended, and why. This will assist in helping members who post questions.

Does this mean that someone could essentially become a moderator and account manager without ever applying, just by acquiring sufficient posts and reputation?

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Does this mean that someone could essentially become a moderator and account manager without ever applying, just by acquiring sufficient posts and reputation?

Moderator yes, account manager not sure of.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Moderator yes, account manager not sure of.

Are you guys still taking staff applications? I've been wanting to apply for the past several months but have decided to keep waiting until I know I've proven myself sufficiently, and now it seems like I've waited a bit too long, seeing as everything's changing. o_O

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Are you guys still taking staff applications? I've been wanting to apply for the past several months but have decided to keep waiting until I know I've proven myself sufficiently, and now it seems like I've waited a bit too long, seeing as everything's changing. o_O

Would never hurt, that's all I would say.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Would never hurt, that's all I would say.

Was the moderator application page intentionally hidden? I've been to that page so many times to ponder if I should apply or not that I memorized the URL :p But others may not know the URL by memory. It used to be under the "Quick Links" drop-down, which is no longer here. Is a Quick Links menu going to be added in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.