Using my current domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrause536

Reaction score
Where can I point my DNS name servers for my current domain name to use this web host? Thank you. Marvin

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
x10's nameservers are
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

You are on starka whose IP is

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Just the nameservers is fine unless it's required by your registrar to use the IP address too.

chizeled

Reaction score
Ok it goes to the main x10hosting page, not my free hosting site. Why does is doing that?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok it goes to the main x10hosting page, not my free hosting site. Why does is doing that?
What's the domain you have added to your account?

Wait, is mkrause536 the forum account attached to your hosting account?

Last edited:

chizeled

Reaction score
my domain I am trying to get the dns servers to go to is acquiredwisdom.com and yes I do have my forum attached

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. You are only supposed to have one Forum account. Posting under two different account names can be confusing

2. mkrause536 has a hosting account, chizeled does not. So, you are not in big trouble. Please use mkrause536 from now on.

3. mkrause536 shows its main domain as acquiredwisdom x10hosting com . It does not show any other domain associated with the account.

4. You have to add acquiredwisdom.com to your account.
a. Parked Domain via cPanel. Will be the same as acquiredwisdom x10hosting com .
b. Main domain via Account Panel. Will replace acquiredwisdom x10hosting com
c. Add on domain via cPanel. Will retain acquiredwisdom x10hosting com, acquiredwisdom.com will be stored in a subdirectory but will be otherwise separate.

chizeled

Reaction score
Chizeled has the hosting account and mkrause536 is really old. Can you delete that one. I just signed up under the chizeled account yesterday. Plus the I used the dns nameservers:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Link your hosting account with this forums account. Do following simple steps.

Go to Account Panel http://x10hosting.com/control/login.php and login with forum username "mkrause536" and password.
Go to "Account" on TOP navigation, ----> Then Click on "forum account". You will get this message
Your current forum account is mkrause536. You may swap usernames if your primary forum account is linked to another client account.

Click on "You may swap usernames" link. Enter credentials of forums account "chizeled" there and then click on "Swap Forum Account link"

Note: Make sure that the email of client account and forums account "chizeled" is same, otherwise you will get an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.