Using your Nintendo DS as a phone!

rockthecasbah

Reaction score
I just got this homebrew ( http://libw11.free.fr/svsip/index.html ) that lets you use SIP (via voipbuster for example) to make your DS into a phone. It's SO neat.

It's kinda complicated to set up at first but after some tries, and some failures, it suddenly works.

Neatest homebrew ever (that and Beup I think).

rockthecasbah

Reaction score
There's some instructions on GBAtemp.net, as to how to modify the config file.

It seems complicated but after reading the instructions, it's not too hard. I can't say I am an expert with setting it up because it was kind of random/luck that my guesswork got it working.

Let us know how it went!

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, it looks good does it really work im downloading it right now to my R4.

rockthecasbah

Reaction score
As long as you follow the instructions, it should work. Here's the link in case you didn't find it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=60370 <- there's also a lot of reviews from people who got it working posting on that thread.

I think you need to patch it for the r4 (I don't use the r4 so I never looked into that).

As long as you don't get a screen that seems to display an error when booting, then it should be fine. Though if it doesn't work the first time, try again. My first try was a failure but tried again today and surprise! It worked.

naynesh

Reaction score
How do you get to use it as your phone does it cost or it is free?
Is there a catch for anythig?

Slothie

Reaction score
It costs to use a SIP service if you're planning to call landlines or mobiles but its free for PC-2-DS phones(or vice versa).

Meh, I don't see the point in this lol (Probably because my phone supports SIP Already)