Vacuus - Nothing

alejandroangulo32

Reaction score
My site is:
http://vacuus.pcriot.com/

I'm just working on a theme right now so there isn't anything content-wise. Just wanted to get some ideas before going on.

The default font is currently Liberation Mono; if you don't have it installed you will get Arial. I know they are two very different fonts but I plan on giving the user an option to switch between different fonts and change font sizes later on.

What are your thoughts on the color scheme? I am a little unsure on using 2 separate colors for the header. Do you have any spacing issues? Do you think the font is too small or difficult to read?

I would like this theme to be image-less: only CSS. I do think that when I finish this theme I'll build another off of it with images.

Too long; didn't read (tl;dr):

• color scheme
  • 2 colors for header
  • font
  • want to have theme sans images

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1) Color scheme should depend on what your site is about> Without any content around I cannot tell if you used a right color scheme or not.
2) There's nothing wrong with two colors in the header, especially if they are similar colors like those you used.
3) I recommend you use FontSquirrel to integrate any font into your website for two major reasons: your visitors don't have to have it installed on their system and it works even in IE6.
4) Again, that depends on the idea behind the content of your site.

One more thing, I suggest you add some top and bottom padding to your navigation menu.

By the way, you should probably get rid of that Welcome IP address thing. It may scare people out and it's completely unnecessary.

alejandroangulo32

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't know about FontSquirrel, I'll definitely use that.

The site's content will be focused on technology (things with a processor, maybe with an emphasis on Linux). I understand how the color scheme would not be fitting if I were selling something like ice cream. I think the current color scheme is fine, but I could be wrong.

I agree with you about the IP address, but that's more of a placeholder. I plan on adding something like a slogan later on. Not sure what I'll put there yet. I might end up taking it out all together.

Thanks for the feedback :smile: