Valve Team Fortress 2 GOLD RUSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys, for those of you who have Team Fortress 2, a huge update is being released to Steam right now for the game. Here's a list of the changes.

* Added Goldrush
* Added Character Info and Loadout to the main menu
* Added 39 Medic achievements
* Added unique Medic items:
** The Blutsaugher, The Kritzkrieg, and The Ubersaw
* Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
* Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman
* Added Stopwatch mode to Tournament mode
** Automatically used on Attack/Defense maps
* Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
* Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points
* Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions
* Target ID hud is now colored red or blue to match the spectator target
* Tournament mode no longer ends matches early if the time limit is nearly up when a new round starts
* Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers
* Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health
* Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons
* Fixed flamethrower bug where a player flush against a wall couldn't be lit on fire from the front
* Fixed invulnerability overlay not drawing if the invuln player was previously on fire
* Fixed "times used" entry in teleporters maxing out at 32
* Fixed rare client crash on level change during control point capturing
* Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements
* For mapmakers:
** Mapmakers can now directly place the tf_gamerules entity into their map. Fixes Hammer thinking the inputs to it are broken
** Mapmakers can now place Engineer buildings directly into a map, with an option for them to be invulnerable
** Added "AddRedTeamScore" and "AddBlueTeamScore" inputs to tf_gamerules
** Added "SetRequiredObserverTarget" input to tf_gamerules. Force spectators to use the specified viewpoint
* Granary
** Added setup time logic, and gates to the middle
** Fixed an overlay alignment bug on one of blue's gate signs
** Minor lighting fixes in red/blue spawns
* 2Fort
** Added medium ammo and health to basement hallways
** Added small ammo and health to top of spiral
** Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue sniper deck
** Fixed number "2" overlay on front of red base not being assigned to the brush face

For those of you who don't have Team Fortress 2, Valve is giving everyone who pre-loads the game onto their computer this weekend a FREE WEEKEND TO PLAY. That's right, I'm pre-loading it right now, so I hope to see some of you there.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for posting this Smith6612, seems like Valve have been busy :D
Team Fortress is a darn good series, I'd recommend it to people who like Halo and Call of Duty; you'll enjoy it.

-Luke.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for posting this Smith6612, seems like Valve have been busy :D
Team Fortress is a darn good series, I'd recommend it to people who like Halo and Call of Duty; you'll enjoy it.

-Luke.

Valve sure has. I got games like Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and a bonus level Half-life 2: Lost Coast, along with some other game (not Peggle and Portal: The First Slice) from a promo because I have nVidia graphics cards. They have the same promo going on for ATi users as well, and I can post the link to that if anyone wants it. Otherwise, the pre-load from the time it took to build the install files to downloading took 4 minutes on a DSL line (downloading at 1MB/s : One megabyte a second).

Frakturedmod

Reaction score
Gold rush is a pretty epic new map, much fun. Although the medic spam is annoying.

I got the 3 new guns and played with them for a bit, they're different, not better, just different.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Also for a note to people who have limited space, slow connection or a download cap, the Pre-load file is almost 1.6GB big (despite what Steam says), so you'll need to give it some time. Also, Steam uses the BitTorrent protocol for those of you who have ISPs that like to screw with torrent protocols.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it does, that's the rough size of the file. It was 1.6GB for me, but the only source game I have is Half-Life 2.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
My problem with Team Fortress 2 (Which I have, I got the Orange Box last X-mas) is that my computer strugles to run it.

I have only 512 mb of RAM so it takes a good minute to load a map, and a lot of times I lag out...

But besides that Team Fortress is a fun game, and its nice to see that Valve has made a lot of updates.

timur

Reaction score
i know most ppl dont play tf2 properly but for those who do, can you tell me how you level up the guns??

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Valve sure has. I got games like Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and a bonus level Half-life 2: Lost Coast, along with some other game (not Peggle and Portal: The First Slice) from a promo because I have nVidia graphics cards. They have the same promo going on for ATi users as well, and I can post the link to that if anyone wants it. Otherwise, the pre-load from the time it took to build the install files to downloading took 4 minutes on a DSL line (downloading at 1MB/s : One megabyte a second).

It was through the ATi promo that I first found about Steam, I got Lost Coast and Deathmatch free. I bought the orange box and various other games too, I like the fact you can take your games anywhere, revolutionary idea =P

-Luke.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to level up the guns, when playing as an engineer, just hit the gun with your wrench until it upgrades (and make sure you construct a supplies thing nearby as well). As for TF2 overall, this free promo makes me really want to buy it because of how fun it is. I'll upload a video of the gameplay tonight of my first hour playing. I actually got the server flamethrower award by doing 5 kills at once in a server, and gosh did that seem good considering I am a TF2 n00b :p

mcklovin

Reaction score
Tf2 is the best, you have to join up in a clan for the full experience.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I have only 512 mb of RAM so it takes a good minute to load a map, and a lot of times I lag out...

Ouch, I got 2GB and I really don't know how I coped with anything less. I think it's time for either an upgrade or a new PC lol.

-Luke.

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Get 3GB like I have. I may be running Vista, but map downloads (which take only a second @ 1MB/s over DSL) along with having a high performance system that was built by hand, I can have a very large, new map open in 30 seconds at the most and be playing in it.

Last edited:

Triffid

Reaction score
Almost close to the second milestone.
Meh I'm getting bored of playing with medic now though.
Gold rush is fun, can't wait for the next update, make it Pyro or Spy or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.