/var offline for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddysweb

Reaction score
hey

according to my server status in cpanel my /var has been ofline before the start of the month, this is a massive problem for me as my site uses login at the homepage.

The reason i am on x10 is because i like the site, i like the forums but if my site can't connect to mysql or even use php, i will be forced to just leave...

can someone please tell me what is going on and when it will be fixed because i need to get this fixed ASAP...

aneotoena

Reaction score
The thing about /var that you can see in cpanel is about disk space not about services up or down.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
There are problems recently with the servers. We need to know which one.

Last edited:

eddysweb

Reaction score
i'm using exofire and it has been down since the start of the month. I can understand maintaince but its just been too long...

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
/var is a partition, and it's just filled with space. What you see in cPanel is fine and if it were to run out we would take care of it. If additional support is needed please re-open this.

eddysweb

Reaction score
yea, my problem wasn't that it was full or red but the fact that when i try to use PHP variables or connect to a mysql database, it brings up

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/eddysweb/public_html/index.php on line 96

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/eddysweb/public_html/index.php on line 97

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/eddysweb/public_html/index.php on line 97

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/eddysweb/public_html/index.php on line 109

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/eddysweb/public_html/index.php on line 109

Slothie

Reaction score
Read the news, mysql has been moved to another server... Use mysql.x10hosting.com instead of localhost.

eddysweb

Reaction score
i just read the news, it said that
All scripts will continue working
and that you don't need to change it...

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
That's a measure that doesn't always work as mysql is redirected to the new server. It works most of the time but probably not all.

aneotoena

Reaction score
And did you made the change in cpanel adding the new mysql server to remote sql? plz follow all the instructions given. Also it takes some time to update.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I am assuming this is all set now; if additional support is needed please re-open this.

Status
Not open for further replies.