Vertical Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbu777

Reaction score
just askin if thres any vertical ads i can put on my site(using x10advanced). the reason im askin this is because my site has a perfect place for a vertical ad, but the horizontal ad is making the whole page looked wonked. ive seen vertical google ads, i wonder if its possible to use that as an alternative to the new x10hosting ads.(i doubt it though =?)

Rhianna

Reaction score
I once had a discussion with Corey about vertical ads, but I don't think he has approved of them. The type of ads must be used in bulk, we do not (yet) offer a choice in terms of the ad shape.

We used to let all members use Google ads but a problem was encountered when the members ignored and/or violated Google's TOS -- that ruined it for everyone. The Admins can offer some webmasters Google ads, but those webmasters will be chosen by the Admins. Please do not request the Google ads, only certain sites will be selected.

Each member must use the codes we provide and that's all I can say about that.

anbu777

Reaction score
ah k, thats aite.

another thing, my forums are phpbb2, and i was able to put a ad in , but in the footer only(the header is too complicated for me to read and be able to find a place to put the ad properly, i tried a couple of times, and it didnt work proplerly)

u can check them at http://anbu777.x10hosting.com/phpbb2/index.php , my concern is that u hafto scroll down to see the ad, which i knoe is against the tos, but unless u guys can point me in the right the direction on where to put the ad in the header, thres not much i can do atm.

Rhianna

Reaction score
Try switching the ad code placement with where you have between the tds:

<td align="right" valign="bottom" class="gensmall">

<a href="search.php?search_id=unanswered&amp;sid=5cd2bda441475c77b15709d5e1ff8334" class="gensmall">View unanswered posts</a></td>

Take out the view unanswered posts [<a href="search.php?search_id=unanswered&amp;sid=5cd2bda441475c77b15709d5e1ff8334" class="gensmall">View unanswered posts</a>] and paste in the ad code. Please refer to the helpful tutorials that have been posted.

Please try. Saying it is too complicated is a "cop-out" and won't be accepted. :confused_

If members don't try there will come a point where Corey & Auvee might throw their hands in the air, give up, & throw in the towel because getting members to place a small code into their sites was "too complicated" :eek:mg_smile

We don't want that to happen, do we?

anbu777

Reaction score
well, i wouldve used the helpfull posts about placing the ads in the forums, but phpbb was never addressed. i had to resolve to finding help on the phpbb site, but they only helped with putting an ad in the footer. im not a coding wiz, just needed some help, sorri if i approached the wrong way.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Where were you planning to put the Google ad?

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you get your site up and running all the way with more content you can PM me and I'll review it for the Google ads.
-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.