Video???

ZeRo*ReSPecT

Reaction score
I've got a problem.I know it sounds stupid,but I've got to fix it. :eek:riginal: When I play any game,after 10-15 minutes it stops.Why?RAM over ot smth else???

spyrorocks

Reaction score
What happens? does you computer freeze or do you get that stupid "This program is not responding" message? what kind of system do you have?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, please post some specs :)
-Corey

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Either ram or your video card, in worse cases it could be your processor if your using an old one

sonu

Reaction score
Well brother "Zero Respect" u must told us the msg came after game closing or what happend when game closed by it self, if u r using "New PC" and u have big Video Card like 128MB and have upto 2.8Ghz CPU it might be the problem of over heating.

Note: Mr. Zero Respect you must told us about computer parts and error msg then we can help you.

Sonu®

Lewis

Reaction score
Post your pc Specs and we can help out :)

Right click on my computer and tell us the specs it should show your basic specs like intel etc

sonu

Reaction score
i m agree with Mr. "Lewis", Zero Respect if u want to see the spec of ur computer you can use this command in "Run" . put this command and u can get the spec of ur computer command is "dxdiag" just enter. if there is any msg press yes thats all.

Sonu®

ZeRo*ReSPecT

Reaction score
CPU-3 MHz
Video-GeForce FX 5700LE,I think it's 512MB
RAM-2x256 MB

My computer just freezes and in some minutes it restarts.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
This does sound like an overheating problem. If you know how to get into bios (if you have a newer computer). See if the settings for the bios are set to turn off at a certain temp, if so iether turn up the temp that the computer shuts down at or disable it all together.But by doing this you could hurt your computer more. It should be checked thoroughly to see if the heat sink is seated properly and that there is thermal paste between the cpu and heat sink. Also check to make sure all your fans are running. It could be just a blown fan .

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
When your computer is just booting up .....(counting ram and all your drives) You should be able to press iether f2, f8, or delete sometimes it is escape to (it varies on most systems.) to boot into cmos (bios) Remember any changes you make in here WILL effect your computer PLEASE be careful. If your temp setting is to low it will automatically turn off your computer.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You would want to alter or turn off the tempurature sensor so it stops turning off at a certain temp. But doing this can cause serious damage I DO NOT RECOMEND DOING THIS. If your system is overheating it could be a number of problems doing this in cmos is just for test purposes. If you turn off the temp sensor and everything runs awesome then you know that there is a overheating problem with your cpu. If you turn it off and it still happens then it is not your cpu but something else.But like I said. unless your experienced I dont recommend doing this at all. You could cause serious damage to your cpu.

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
ZeRo*ReSPecT said:
CPU-3 MHz
Video-GeForce FX 5700LE,I think it's 512MB
RAM-2x256 MB

My computer just freezes and in some minutes it restarts.

MY brther has the same problem, when he plays a game 15 minutes , freeze starts over and screen blackout :blink: and it's not heating, the guys at my dad's company (ICT) couldn't solve it 2, so we had to re-install everything, then we tried it again and ..................................................

it didn't work :blink:

Dragonry

Reaction score
if you run your computer with your side panel off, and it resets, put your hand over each component, if one is hot, there is your problem..

I have six fans in my computer as it is (2 on a hard drive cooler, 3 case fans, and the Power supply fan)

you can never be too cool

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Dragonry said:
if you run your computer with your side panel off, and it resets, put your hand over each component, if one is hot, there is your problem..

I have six fans in my computer as it is (2 on a hard drive cooler, 3 case fans, and the Power supply fan)

you can never be too cool

Yep I run 3 case fans plus 2 on the power supply, gotta keep it cool. If you are sticking your hand in anywhere make sure your grounded first though.:eek:riginal:

Deshi

Reaction score
lol true. I have 3 fans in mine.
- Power Supply
- Case
- GFX Card build in fan

- Ross