Virtual Campus

jamespro

Reaction score
What is Virtual Campus:
Virtual Campus is a website dedicated to education for 4th grade and up.

What we offer:
- Free classroom website hosting
- Online grade book
- Job postings
- Virtual Spelling bees, science bees, and other bees
- Online courses based on grade and subject
- Student signup with information to help student's get the most out of their education
- Parent signup with special reports on how their child is doing
- Study hints
- Teacher run classes
- and more!

http://virtualcampus.pcriot.com/

Currently website is under development and many features are not yet available.

Test Username: test
Test Password: test

Please let me know any features that you think would be good for this type of website!
Edit:
I am ready to have people, who have something to teach other people, join my website! Its easy to setup a class and we offer alot of diffrent ways to communicate back and forth!

Last edited:

jamespro

Reaction score
thanks
Edit:
Any one here good at web developmet want to teach a course on my site about web development? I can install a Paypal payment system so you can charge for your course so it could be a added way of making money!

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Your sites not working at the moment. Oh and I would probably be interested in maybe doing something like web development... :)

sunils

Reaction score
Hi your site looks great and the idea is also good. I also have a my site with similar service called etutor which offers small tutorials.

tried to check with the test username but didnot work..

I am also interested in your offer. I am also a part time tutor in one of the computer center here.

Dan

Reaction score
It's working for me now, looks very good and I would still be interested in maybe doing a course :)

jamespro

Reaction score
Hi your site looks great and the idea is also good. I also have a my site with similar service called etutor which offers small tutorials.

tried to check with the test username but didnot work..

I am also interested in your offer. I am also a part time tutor in one of the computer center here.

The test user name will not work any more. I was trying to create my own site from scratch while at the same time trying to learn PHP and MySQL and lets just say it wasn't going fast enough for me. I did a search for LCMS and found a-tutor which is now what I am using. You can browse through the offered courses with out the need for a username and password so I don't think theres a need for a test account with this system.

For those interested in teaching a course you can register an account and then once signed in you can create a new course write a brief description and I will approve it ASAP! I would like the first wave of courses to start in the spring but you will need time to setup the course before that so register it as soon as you can so have as much time as possible!

EDIT: I am working on creating a directory of Courses for spring 2008 (March-May). If you would like to teach a course please let me know ASAP so I can include you in the directory! Thanks!

Last edited:

jamespro

Reaction score
Some new addresses you may want to check out!

Our course guide - http://guide.virtualcampus.pcriot.com/
Teachers Lounge - http://teacherslounge.virtualcampus.pcriot.com/
VCSpace - http://vcspace.virtualcampus.pcriot.com/

Still to be made:
Students Lounge
Parents Lounge

Teachers Lounge - Password protected site for people teaching a course through Virtual Campus. You will get a username and password once your course has been approved. In the teachers Lounge you will find ideas and tips on how to run your course as smoothly as possible. You will always get news and updates before they are released to the public. All of Virtual campus' guidelines for running a course will also be provided there.

Course Guide: The Course guide will be updated 4 times a year. Once in the Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Each course will be giving a course number which the teacher must provide in the course details. Students will be able to search through the course guide and once its time to enroll in classes they will be able to search for the course number and quickly enroll.

VCSpace: Currently we are using a clean install of phpBB 3.0 for our community forum. We will be modding the forums into a social networking type site for the teachers, students, and parents involved in Virtual Campus.

jamespro

Reaction score
Development on this site is going to have to be stopped for right now! My friend is in the Hospital and I need to spend all my time with her. Once she is out then I will continue work on it!