Virus attack on my computers?

taha116

Reaction score
Ok this may sound retarded but its actually hapening. Firstly i have two computers. A quad core :drool: and a Pentium 3. Now my quad core had some problems that are almost all resolved but simultaneously my Pentium 3 is jacking up. Now it only works in safemode.

I have AVG on both computers and ran commandline on my pentium 3 it moved allot of stuff and also picked up win32/heur wich scared the hell out of me when I googled it. anyway could some viruses somehow transfer from one computer 2 the other? they are wirlessly connected to the internet. Dont know if that could somehow.

Anyways my main issue is that i find no infomrationon on Trojan Horse VB.IQE wich i have on my quad core. Can anyone help me out, i googled it and couldnt find any usefull information

Also Weirldy enough my home phone isnt working, and the company for my internet and phone are the same. Any one wana clear up my confusing day

Last edited:

worldwise001

Reaction score
Yes it's possible for a virus to "migrate" from one computer to another. If the virus is an executable or a dll, it could potentially be run and open a backdoor into your system.

I haven't got any information on that specific virus however.

taha116

Reaction score
Damit, i edited in some more info btw. What could i do to prevent migration?

nchgaming

Reaction score
If you found a file that "appears" to be a virus, using AVG, submit a zip of the file to them for examination. I belive the newer versions of AVG support that function as a user option.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If your phone line is not working, but yet your DSL is working (I'm assuming you have DSL since it's via a Telco), there's probably a short on your line or something got damaged/unplugged somewhere. Since a telephone wire is in itself two wires that in this day and age should be 22 aWg twisted pair, DSL itself can in fact work over a short circuit or only one wire on a wire pair. But at the very least, call your telephone company. If you're in the US, the telephone company must fix your line within 24 hours due to regulation the last I remember. That's where all of your taxes on the line go to.

As per that specific virus, it's more or less a piece of Malware that you should be able to clean up easilly. It's nothing worse than a payloader/downloader. It may have brought in other infections though, so that may be why you can't boot into Windows at the moment.

Otherwise, could you try downloading and installing MalwareByte's Anti-Malware from www.malwarebytes.org ? I'm not sure if that will install in Safe Mode, but it should.

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I cleared the issues i was having with my Quad core, and the phone issue was a wierd one, somehow my dad had experience with it working at CIBC, and other bank compinies. And its not like hes a janitor or technician either, he just does work on his computer, apparently all that we needed to do was uplug everything using those phone wires, incluiding internet and then replug it all back in. So phones working too..

I do have malwarebytes, but didnt work in safemode, also nchgaming i didnt know about that feature in AVG and ive decided to let the dam P3 go

The pentium 3 in my basement seems beyond repair, the blue screen of death strikes again. If i could find the ***** ****** (purposley put the *) who even designed the error page, even if he was inncoent i swear horrible thing will happen to him and his family

(note* empty threat i wouldnt hurt a fly) (double note* i just said the first note for legal reasons...)

Last edited:

mjserv

Reaction score
on the (BSOD) what is your error code?

The text on the Blue error screen contains the code of the error.

If the BSOD appears but the system reboots immediately, you will need to disable the automatic restart on system failure feature

taha116

Reaction score
OH... how do i do that? Gona reformat anywaya and give linux a try but its good to know

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Near the top of the screen will be a line that has several words separated by underscored, such as BLUE_SCREEN_CODE.

Towards the bottom of the screen will be five hex codes, such as 0x00001a.

Last edited:

tridge

Reaction score
In order to run malware bytes in safe mode you will just simply need to rename the exe. Most virus' currently have "black lists" that prevent you from running specific executables.

taha116

Reaction score
Thank you tridge, i already found that out though, and thank you alex for that info, since i already got linux, and i like it I will bear that in mind when (cuz it has to happen in time) my Quad core gets screwd up.