VPS Server and Me!

ChrisKader

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I purchased a VPS Server through x10 and I love having control over my own server. But, I soon realized that I have NO IDEA to what I am doing.

I have registered my 2 IP addresses with GoDaddy (NS1, NS2) for my name servers.. How do I go about linking those to my VPS (WHM). I think once I do that, I can go about doing everything else I need to do. Thank you in advance for your help!

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Open up the DNS Functions section of WHM.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
How many IP's do you currently have?
At least two?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

If you added them via your domain register already, all you need to do is go to Basic setup, from there go to the bottom and you'll see something a long the lines of this. I made a short video.

http://brandonlong.me/ss/2010-11-21_1112.swf

And here is a quick image of the button to press.

http://brandonlong.me/ss/2010-11-21_1113.png

After entering your ns1/ns2 into the boxes, just press 'Add an A record for these domains', and you'll be all set and ready to go.

ChrisKader

Reaction score
The NS 1 and 2 IPs or just the NS1.domain.com?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

So, how about my host name? I try to access WHM from my hostname and I get a dead page.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
On the left column in WHM, you'll see DNS Functions. Under this, you'll see 'Add an A record for my hostname', click on that and follow the prompts.

ChrisKader

Reaction score
I did do that, but, I can access the WHM panel from the TLD Domain, not the sub (hostname).