VTiger Outgoing Server: Mail Server Settings (SMTP)

rosecel2

Reaction score
Hello - x10hosting allows for VTiger to be installed natively through the Softalicious installer.

VTiger allows for emails to be sent through different services using the built in Outgoing Server configuration.

One of the Server Type options is Gmail.

It uses the server name: ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465

You just plug in user name and an APP password generated over at Google security settings.

However, I keep getting "Test Mail Status : Mail could not be sent to the admin user. Please check the admin emailid/Server settings."

I suspect this is due to something on x10hosting side restricting the email protocol from working.

Can you please advise if sending email out using VTiger through a Gmail server is blocked in x10hosting account?

Thanks!

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The use of an external SMTP server is not permitted. You can use localhost however.

rosecel2

Reaction score
Thank you! So, I've tried to do that, but I'm still getting error/failure. Maybe I just don't udnerstand how to put the configuration in x10host speak? What would you put here in vTiger's outgoing server configuration settings to make the email work with x10hosting email?

Server TypeGmail
Select an OptionGmail HotmailOffice365YahooOthers
Server Name *ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465
User Name
Password
From Email
NOTE: If "From Email" field is set to blank then the User Email address will be picked up.
Requires Authentication

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you! So, I've tried to do that, but I'm still getting error/failure. Maybe I just don't udnerstand how to put the configuration in x10host speak? What would you put here in vTiger's outgoing server configuration settings to make the email work with x10hosting email?

Server TypeGmail
Select an OptionGmail HotmailOffice365YahooOthers
Server Name *ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465
User Name
Password
From Email
NOTE: If "From Email" field is set to blank then the User Email address will be picked up.
Requires Authentication
You would have to choose other. You keep receiving an error because you keep attempting to use SMTP to Gmail. As I said above, that is not permitted. You would have to set it to other to be able to use the localhost/server address

rosecel2

Reaction score
OK thank you; however, I did use other and I tried to put in x10hosting server name. I only showed you that GMAIL format to show you what it looks like if you select Gmail.

What should I put in the server type to match your suggested localhost/server address - what (exactly) should the format of what I put look like in there, please?

Thank you again!

rosecel2

Reaction score
Nevermind - I got it - I just put in the server address by itself with no other jargon needed. For those who need in the future, that's the part of your web site address where your control panel is located. Looks like: x##.x10hosting.com