Want 500 Credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to Russ and Christopher we've finally opened up x10Exchange and thanks to Brandon FileVIP is now working.

I'm looking for people to sign-up and use the services above and provide some detailed feedback. I would like a paragraph of feedback per service. So it will be 250 credits per service above with a max of 500 credits total.

I hope by doing this any remaining bugs or issues will be caught. I'm also hoping to get a list of ideas or small changes that will make these additional services more user friendly and better all around.

Just post in this thread with your feedback. Please allow me a few days to award the credits, I'm very backed up with things to do ;).

If your response is not well written I will deny you the credits.

-Corey

Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
First of all, what are the links? ;) Second, you have a spelling error in your post I do believe. caugh = caught?

supajason

Reaction score
hey i've just been looking at FileVIP and don't understand something about the services page, it says the a free member has a max file size of 200.00MB and the premium has a max filesize of 128.00MB?

Edit

Also on that page it says "create" what.......? a little random!

Edit2

If you try an add more than 10 file uploads at once it looks very messy

Edit3

Just by changing the fid you can easily get into the admin area for peoples folders and delete them (e.g http://filevip.com/folders.php?admin=1&fid=xxx

Edit4

Just been onto x10exchange and the page http://www.x10exchange.com/user.php?action=funds_order
is interesting "Error!
This option is disabled in configuration. You should remove the link from template _head_user.txt."

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll look into the FileVIP errors soon, and adjust the premium plan.

javajenius

Reaction score
I used filevip to upload some files, it was OK overall. The design was nice, members area was all good.

Some things i noticed
1. The premium plan offers 128mb max upload, but free offers 200mb. (noted on above posts i think)
2. Maybe TOS should already be checked, because it was a little annoying for me to keep on clicking it.
3. Uploading progress bar should not extend over the edge (not a big deal)
4. I dont think password protection for the files works.
5. Maybe you should set the time for the captcha thing a little longer.

Some things i liked:
1. I think you can password protect your document and provide a description.

Some things i would like:
1. I would really like a viewer and maybe even an un-compressor. For some files like .doc or .txt, you just want to read them.
2. Add another upload box button should be a little clearer.

Last edited:

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
x10exhcnage has a nice clean layout for the users but there are problem areeas that need to be solved:

1: our forum user account should be at least intergrated to improve useability without being forced to setup a new account it will also help spot users that break the TOS

2: there is no default ad codes for new users. would it be possible to show the users what kinda of ad would they like. ( think of google ad sense)

3:i agree with supajason some of the areas on the site are disabled for some reason.

but overall i think this is a good start to an alternative to google adsense

Mitch

Reaction score
The both sites don't load for me. Firefox says it needs to wait to long.

medphoenix

Reaction score
I have just signed-up for free package(Registered)
Browser I used: Mozilla Firefox Ver. 2.0.0.13

BUGS!!!:

*** There is no session limitation for sign-up.... I have created a username: phoenix and open another window and created another user (user name:ddd -) without logout as phoenix. (when click the sign-up button, It must be show our user info!?)

*** for the second User (ddd) I enter email address : dddd
So any text can be enter in email field (the signup form didn't check the @ sign!!!!).
If user incidentally enter some text for email address, he can't retrieve his password ( of course I don't know the password for user 'ddd' and can't retrieve the password - my email I entered is "dddd".), whereas I received email with user details for "phoenix" account.

suggestion:
Email verification for user accounts?

Please delete the account user name: "ddd" as I created it for testing purpose
(# : Here I didn't mention the real username in case of "phoenix")
(I don't need credit for this...)

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
In fileVIP:
1-
1.1- After the upload is done, you could add a link saying "Upload another file" to avoid people have to look around for the home button (at footer);
1.2- Home and Upload in footer are meaningless since both go to same place..
1.3- why all those > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > at footer? Just use text-align:right;
2-
2.1- Since the layout is big, make the form a little bigger in width and height, make a nice button for 'file' and 'upload', with rounded corners like everything else of website. Using the ones of OS is so ugly.
2.2- Give a space between check box and "I accept terms of service" (isnt missing a 'the' between accept and terms?
3- Since ToS is so little, why dont you use those Tooltip boxes? - instead of opening new window. A nice tooltip, that will match with fileVIP layout is this one http://trentrichardson.com/examples/csstooltips/
4-
4.1- If the file name is big, it breaks all layout (screen below)
4.2- Sometimes, the "Download Link" bugs and then, appear the image name, then a link to image...
852909bugyt.JPG

Mitch

Reaction score
The sites work now for me.

FileVip.

Header menu:
Change name of the link members to Account.

Member Area:
Make the context here a bit lower.
And the background of this is good. It is double.

Signup: Make that the compare link opens in a new window.

Upload: Make the "
Est time left: unknown
Elapsed time: unknown" shows up under the upload status bar.

My account name is Mitch.

One more suggestion, change the support@x10hosting.com email address to support@filevip.com. It looks nicer.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
I signed up a few days ago, with the username "scott".

It is a great service, and I have noticed slightly more traffic on my websites. Once some more people sign up, my website will be flooding with people! Yay!

My suggestions:
-Allow uploading of images from URL. I had to download the banners from my website to my computer, and then upload them back up again for my banner to show up.

Bugs:
-I'm not sure what happened, but I had some problems during signup. I tried to sign up with the username "scottbu123", but it didn't work. For some reason I had to shorten my username to get it to work.

johnnie

Reaction score
Everything seem to work fine for me, except for the file that I uploaded was a photo that I could not view. There was a link to a the file and I entered the security code but only a link no photo. I tried to use the option for making a thumbnail but nothing happened.
Hope this is of some use

cowctcat

Reaction score
well ive signed up for both and i've noticed a few things:
The FAQ on the exchange is rather empty
The only real bug i noticed is in filevip when I signed up it gave me a blank screen when i hit submit(screenshot attached)
also there arent very clear instructions on what to do in the exchange and in the exchange when you log in on the left the menu is quite messed up.(screenshot also attached) other wise nice job!!

Edit: Form upload gets majorly screwed up if you click the little lock thing multiple times in IE 8

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Bugs:
-I'm not sure what happened, but I had some problems during signup. I tried to sign up with the username "scottbu123", but it didn't work. For some reason I had to shorten my username to get it to work.
I'll look at that. There is probably some limit that the form doesn't know about.

The FAQ on the exchange is rather empty
I'll write that tomorrow.

also there arent very clear instructions on what to do in the exchange and in the exchange when you log in on the left the menu is quite messed up.(screenshot also attached) other wise nice job!!
I'll add some instructions on the client homepage. Is the menu fixed now

Last edited:

jared23

Reaction score
na would rather some support in Free Hosting forum if anyone has the time :)

figu120

Reaction score
I signed up for x10exchange…

Well this interesting but a contribution to the site would be a good MultiLanguage.

And I realized that mistakes in using the style X10E so well is coupled to a resolution of 800x600, it is all the publicity desubica adsense, the same goes with the style Blue

reglus

Reaction score
I signed up as Reglus. The site looks quite awsome and I can see the use of this site. I cant however see any bugs or faults so far. It all looks like it flows well and works. However when i go onto the orders and payments page i get a message that says
Error!

This option is disabled in configuration. You should remove the link from template _head_user.txt

Well done tho on the site.​

theafterthought

Reaction score
I've only just signed up (as kalamari), so have not tried out the functions of the site yet (I'm at work at the moment anyway!). However, I have noticed the same problem reglus had when clicking on 'Orders and Payments', is this just temporarily disabled while it's being set up or is there a genuine error here?

The site looks fantastic though, and anyone visiting the site for the first time will have a clear idea of the purpose of the site and the benefits to them - the image main.jpg is the key in achieving this as it also shows just how simple it is to sign up and get going (this is something the x10hosting home page also does very well).

Once I've used it properly, I'll let you know of any problems I run into...

Dan

Reaction score
FileVIP
Well on the index page, in th white box the upload form is off to the right and not in the centre. Also when I registered, it just kind of brought up a page with nothing to tell you what to do. Maybe some text at least saying you have successfully registered. Then when you are in the members area and looking at overview, the table with account details in could do with being moved down a bit and maybe a white background behind it. Oh and when you are logged in what it the point of having the REGISTER TODAY! there?

X10Exchange
Ok, first thing I did was register and then went to activate my account. When I click on the link it says Error, code not valid or something. I then tried to login and that seemed to work but then nothing showed up in the main part and also the logo didn't show up in the corner. But that may be because my account wouldn't activate so I won't say anything else.

coolv1994

Reaction score
The x10 Exchange seems to be fine but on FileVIP if you add more than 8 upload boxes on the form or flash upload the "Host It" button and "I accept terms of service" gets hidden under the and and other text on the page. Also on the Register page for FileVIP you should use a button instead of a Register link, its kind of hard to find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.